• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MUtt Wheel??

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah sorry those are not $100 rims. if you find a buyer I have 40 more to sell. M151 rims are still plentiful even new. $10 for used ugly, $20 -25 for clean used is a standard price $50 maybe $75 to the guy who just have to have new. Mag rims will sell for $100 ea maybe $150 if near new

stb64

These probably are not standard M151 wheels, since their stock no. is 2530-01-143-9389.
They seem to have some sort of reinforcing rings welded on, this may be the reason for that different stock number.
The correct stock number for M151 wheels is 2530-00-150-7832.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought all of them had this reinforcement ring for the center plate?:?

I just did some work on a stock, Stevens-built '67 M416, and the wheels look exactly as in the pictures posted by the OP.
Same as all the other MUTT steel wheels I have seen so far.

G.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep
FEAT
SPECIAL FEATURES ITEM CONTAINS 2 REINFORCING RODS WELDED TO PERIMETER OF RIM
CNJL LIGHTENING HOLE HUB CAP MOUNTING FEATURE NOT INCLUDED
CFHY RIM STYLE 10
CFHR TIRE NOT INCLUDED
BCNX MOUNTING TYPE FOR WHICH DESIGNED SINGLE TIRE
ARJD DESIGN FORM DISK
CNJK LIGHTENING HOLE QUANTITY 10
CFJH HUB CHARACTERISTIC INTEGRAL
BXSJ LIGHTENING HOLE INCLUDED
BPLM DISK TYPE SINGLE
APGF DESIGN TYPE INTEGRAL RIM

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahhhh.........just learned something... Thanks stb64 and MWMULES!

After enlarging the pics the ring and welds can be seen very clearly. Never seen before...
Interesting construction, or should one say improvisation? Wondering how that could last for longer than a year, without falling apart due to rust?

G.

Last edited:

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not looked it up, but these probably go to the M167 20mm Vulcan. It had M151 wheels with a spacer for running duals. This would be a guess but I will try and remember to look it up in the manual for the M167 tonight. Kinda cool if they are but sadly none of them in private hands... That I know of.
But now that they are odd I am kinda interested.:lol:

img_25_13629_7.jpg

Last edited:

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes he is right the M102 105mm howitzer uses these also, and would probably be the actual application as it only ran on singles. Also since they were upgrading the M102 with more weight in its final iterations and the fact it was air portable would make 100% sense. The date code on the boxes, jives more with the M102 also, as the M167s were being phased out in the 90's. Why i was thinking of the odd ball M167 and not the M102 is funny I guess. Good pick Combat32

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks