• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Electrical Service

donalloy1

Fellow SS'ers, have been going through my M1009 electrical with fine tooth comb lately. After checking each conductor for it's integrity. I have been applying Burndy Penetrox A-13 to both clean terminal and its landing.

I work for a large Electrical Contractor. We use this product quite often in both Industrial and Commercial applications. Any thoughts on using this product religiously wherever I have gone on MV's?

Thanks in advance, DMLII sends....
PENETROX A13 Joint Compound

Penetrox A13 consists of a synthetic base vehicle in which zinc particles are suspended. For Aluminum to Aluminum, Aluminum to Copper applications. Compatible with insulating materials such as rubber or polyethylene. UL Listed and recommended for all voltages.
  • Aluminum to Aluminum Applications

• Aluminum to Copper Applications

• Compatible with rubber and polyethylene insulating materials

Item#
Qty/Uom Manufacturer
Mfg. Part No.
Mfg. Warranty Description
Size
Sales Restriction , footnoted
Wt. (lbs)
Wgt. (kg.) Price
Your Price
1 EACH BURNDY
PEN A-13-4
5 Years Penetrox A13
4 oz squeeze bottle

Jeff Nelson

I use a similar product called Copper Shield. It's expensive but you only use a small amount. I think the idea is to minimize oxidation at connections. I notice a LARGE difference on battery terminals. Untreated terminals get the "green goo" all over, but a thin layer of Copper Shield where the cable clamp meets the battery post pretty well eliminates the corrosion and gives a great connection.

donalloy1

Jeff Nelson,
Thanks for response! Have not tried that product myself. Penetrox is not cheap either. But it really seems to be helping my efforts. Like you, no green goo after application. Clean thoroughly both terminal and mating surface with acid brush.

Thought more might chime in on this post? Should have posted elsewhere maybe?:beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a great idea. Another product some use is No-OX.

These trucks have been used and abused. With the heat, moisture and sitting for extended periods of time, the electrical systems can use all the help they can get.

Jeff Nelson

"Thought more might chime in on this post? Should have posted elsewhere maybe?"

This location makes sense to me. I would think we're not the only ones who've experienced this kind of problem. Maybe everyone else is just lucky.....:-?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks