• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV of the Month January 2024

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Because the nimination thread started with lengthy delay , you can nominate your MV till Ja.24, this month . So lightly modified this month. After Jan. 24 it it would be great if patracy will start the vote thread.
So we have one week for speed campaigning. ;)
Sounds like a plan to me!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I nominate this powerful gas hog from late-1962, one of the last IH M51's built.. It was obtained by a county highway dept in the early 1970's in OD paint.. Ten years later I was driving by it just about every day , and by then it was bright yellow... Ten years later I owned it and undid whatever "civilization" the county had done to it .. Paint has faded but her heart and willingness has not.. Faithfully built roads for others and myself, has hauled a lot of gravel, crushed stone, and topsoil .. Does everything I ask of it, except exceed 5mpg... This is "the younger woman" that led to my divorce.. Living an easier life nowadays and acts happy whenever I have time to fire her up

;)

20160327_172101.jpg

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I nominate this powerful gas hog from 1963, is one of the very last IH M51's built.. It was obtained by a county highway dept in the early 1970's in OD paint.. Ten years later I was driving by it just about every day , and by then it was bright yellow... Ten years later I owned it and undid whatever "civilization" the county had done to it .. Has faithfully built roads for others and myself, has hauled a lot of gravel, crushed stone, and topsoil .. Does everything I ask of it, except exceed 5mpg... Is living an easy life nowadays and acts happy whenever I have time to fire her up

;)

View attachment 914977
Sure looks like a sweetie to me!
Happy to see it got painted back to green...

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1953 M38A1.JPG

Well, I'll enter my December 1953 M38A1. This was originally a USMC Jeep that a local FD got a hold of and did some butchering. They welded shut the hood filler panel and then cut the tub out of the body for the slave plug. I have since scrounged 2 clean tubs and a clean straight hood, all I need now is a good body and fender man to get it back to as issued. They also added a set of International Scout locking hubs, a tow bar, and ugly red paint under the OD. I will be busy when the weather warms up this spring. More to come.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks