• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA and Government Liquidation

boomer

Additional-
I have never had any problems with GL. I support the MVPA, and I don't mind some advertising. I used to get another MV mag. but opted to go with the best (one).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Guys, if you want changes at Government Liquidation, elminating advertising on this website will not make it happen, the MVPA will not make it happen if they refuse ads.
Two things possibly can- one is enough, large level national attention to the negatives that they get motivated to change.
The otheris by going above their heads. That means when we have problems, report the to DLA Disposition Services (Formeley DRMS/DRMO) every time. DLA has a small business ombudsman whose job it is to take our issues, adddress them, and find a solution. Use that office.
We should also start compiling a long list of people with issues and details of those issues and send that so some Congressman or investigative reporter who wants to make a name for himself by attacking waste in a government contractor.
If we started compling a long thread of examples of damage to equipment from DRMO/ Government Liquidation neglect and abuse, we could send an investigative reporter a long list of hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars in damged government property. The media or a Congressman won't do that legwork, but if you hand them an extensive report on a silver platter, they just may run with it. If every one of us took photos of equipment damaged or neglected in GL or DRMO hands when we saw it, and posted that in a long thread with locations and dates, that would give someone a powerful tool to start asking questions.
Excellent post Sir...and I mean that. Also cudos on your other thread/comments on the scrap issue to DLA.
I haven't posted here yet...just read and thought.

In the back of my head...I hear a little alarm bell ringing loudly.
Look at some of the recent threads about States not wanting MVs on the road, Communities not wanting MVs in the neighborhood, titling for off road use only etc..
I just wonder if any of those groups are sending signals up to the powers that be? I hope not.

My message is this...what ever we do..and where we do it...keep it clean...yes..state the opinion...but don't accuse.
As someone said...I think Wreckerman..you can catch more flies with sugar than salt.

I am not an alarmist and some have said I have nerves of steel..but...that little bell in the back of my head hints that if a problem develops...the current regime may just say...if we can't sell it as FMS...scrap it and send it to China.

If we are looking for rational thinking from the government...or from GL.... we are:cookoo:

I don't mean this to be cynical...just advise caution in our approach.

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
How did everyone like the MVPA's calender that came with our magazines this month ? I thought it was great and my wife was surprised to see it.

I did see 3 GL ad's for 3 diff months(not so bad)at the bottom and it thought it was STUPID to see them put GL Auction Close dates for every Thursday of every month.

My post has nothing to do with GL and there crappy business practices or MV's on the road or making law makers mad just MVPA's want for money and what they will do to get it. Same thing I think Joe was trying to say. - Jay

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is that GL paid for most of that calender.
The Thursday reminders tell you that.
I am very happy with it (calender).
So what if GL ads are in it?
I'm sure all MVPA members are aware of GL by now anyways.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Id be mad at any bussiness that put stupid ads on 4 days of every month. **** the ads are bigger than the Holidays like Christmas, Verterans Day and Memorial day. Like I said I really like that they sent it out , I wasnt expecting it , but could be better if they didnt ad it up. The bottom ads are fine but I didnt need auction close dates in my face like that.

steelandcanvas

Id be mad at any bussiness that put stupid ads on 4 days of every month. **** the ads are bigger than the Holidays like Christmas, Verterans Day and Memorial day. Like I said I really like that they sent it out , I wasnt expecting it , but could be better if they didnt ad it up. The bottom ads are fine but I didnt need auction close dates in my face like that.
Jay, You did know that GL auctions close on Thursday, right? :)

mf5129

maybe somebody will start a survey of the percent of the time you actually get what you pay for with no major surprises.i would be interested in seeing some other views.i have had sales cancelled.they tried a bait and switch.by cancelling a sale and restarting with the same event and lot number.i have leaened to be very cautious. i even suspect bid rigging.too many bids near end.check bidders no.

paulfarber

Until GL starts selling Ford GPWs or MBs the MVPA will not care.. its another source of ad revenue. The MVPA started off as, and will always be, a jeep club. They will pay lip service to other MVs, but unless you are in a quarter ton there is not much there for you.

The MVPA wants the $$$. Plain and simple.

Its still funny as H-E-double toothpicks that people think that GL is NOT a private company. IT IS. GL doesn't even own the stuff it gets to auction. Me thinks a lot of people need to take 10 minutes and read the GL web site and stop spouting the misinformation put out by people on this board that think that GL should deliver their surplus items wrapped in a bow to their front door.

Its been almost 10 years since TACOM gave them the archives.. its obvious that drawings have made it out to the connected people at the MVPA... yet membership has seen what? ZERO.

The 'magazine' is still not available on line, and the web site is still someones high school compsci project.

I'll keep my $30 and buy diesel and oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks