• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA convention August 2011

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone here planning on attending the National Convention early in August? Not sure if I'm going yet or not, but this is the closest it's been to me since the VA one about 10 years back. Would love to go, heard the Nationals is an awesome event....

Also, are there any decent yards or surplus places along the I-70 corridor in Ohio for the way there and back?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep I will be there and have an outside space already P100. Mike you can PU the 2 LMTV boxes if you still want them, I guess I dropped the ball on that! The last time they hosted it was a great show.

3dAngus

OK, I looked this one up. It will be held at the Nutter Convention Center in Dayton Ohio starting on Wednesday August 3, with vendors moving in on Tuesday August 2 (Vendors and vehicles 1st move in day) through Sunday, August 7 (vendor move out day).

It looks like one heckuva outing for all and is highly recommended reading. I am posting the website that gives all the info and details on a number of different aspects of it on the top of the page for your reading pleasure.

Military Vehicle Preservation Association

67Beast

I already have all my stuff in for the show. I registered 2 of my trucks for judging and made all the reservation I needed. The last one I was at was a few years ago when it was at Dayton the last time. It was a good show with a lot of vehicles and plenty of vendors to get all the parts I needed at the time. Looking forward to running into all the SS members while down there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I can't I'm behind on my bills and I have to work outside this weekend anyways. I'd be digging the hole more if I made the trip and even then I can't afford anything there anyways. Have a great time guys, see you down the road.

Cav Trooper

I'm going, I have an M37 I am parking there. Are any of you displaying your vehicles in a particular area? If so, can I join. What is their security? I live about 30 miles from there and will drive the truck up and leave it. I can't be there everyday, all day. They told me once the vehicle is parked, it's there for the day and can't be moved until after 5pm. When are any of you going to be there? Sorry, lots of questions but this is the first time I've attended anything and don't need any more confusion.

2027Deuce

CT your vehicle will be secure, the MVPA does a great job with convention. I went last year in Topeka but can't make it this year, have a good time and bring lots of $$ cause there is lots of goodies...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks