• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA Show in Huntsville, AL

zout

It was an anal cavity search WM was planning on performing on you and I just so we get this all straight.

Elmo will be found and I think WM is assured I had no theivery part of this undertaking - funny as H** to mention But I would not physically pursue such an action against him - just so we get this perfectly clear.

Besides all this happening which we actually found out upon arrival at the DZ around 10 this morning because someone was still passed out in their chain in the back 40 of the hotel (see pic) (did someone mention cherries might have had an adverse effect on the human anatomy !!!!) (sissy).

Scud was awesome and the scoundrel checking it out (I beat him to it) as to how to make it dissapear without anyone noticing).

Weasel was about the best on missle equiped vehicle there that got my attention - nicely outfitted.
If you were trading in GOLD - vendors were the place to go trade your bars of it - utter insanity for most pricing for a show. We did escape with a few goodies and I want to thank our member for the litter stands for the display of the 43 - there was even a surgeon gown thrown in for the display - very cool.

Thanks PB and CAMO and most of all Mark - he is a pleasure to be with and listen to. The rest of these fellas in the pics - the jury is still out on making the decision.

The rest of my pics - those folks will be directly blackmailed or else:mrgreen:

Attachments

zout

Just so ya all know - that is PB on the puter trying to make arms deal in other countries on AFTER we were able to get the SCUD out of Huntville - last thing I knew he was working on an air pickup at some local landing strip used by drug dealers from the area.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
OH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

SOME FIEND HAS ABSCONDED WITH MY LITTLE BUDDY!

Poor Ellie Mae is beside herself with grief.:wreckerman893:

He was snatched from his perch atop a stack of ammo cans in broad daylight in the middle of the vendor section.

If the perps are reading this please return Elmo with his stuffing intact and keep him out of the hands of "possum porkers" such as Gimp.

I am taking donations for the ransom that I am sure the perpetrators will be asking for.

Everyone please send 5 dollars to my paypal account at wreckerman893@yahoo.com

If Elmo is returned unharmed without being ransomed I'll donate all the fumds collected to the Steel Soldiers Flower and Card Fund.

Csm Davis

Hey buddy sorry he has gone missing but are you sure he didn't just run of to Hollywood? He has been getting a lot of press and now that opossums are staring in commercials he might have thought that you and Elle May were holding him back.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I don't think he ran away....I took Ellie Mae to the vet last week and she is in the "family way".

Elmo has too much character to leave her in the lurch with several buns in the oven.

No.....I think this is a case of possum napping for profit.......I think the crooks mistook him for the possum in the GIECO commercial and were looking to make a quick buck.

If there are any LEO's out there that can help in the investigation please let me know.

Can we put out a BOLO for ELMO?

We just want Elmo back safe and sound. If the possum nappers are reading this just put him out somewhere safe and give me a call......we'll go pick him up.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Elmo was gone when I got in there this morning at about 8:30, so the abduction had to have happened earlier than that. Only clue I can offer. I did get 357 pictures at the show, and three of the group before we took the Anniston tour on Wednesday. It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can edit them down and start posting anything. But I'm sure we'll find the perp's mug somewhere in them.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

SOME FIEND HAS ABSCONDED WITH MY LITTLE BUDDY!Poor Ellie Mae is beside herself with grief.:wreckerman893:
He was snatched from his perch atop a stack of ammo cans in broad daylight in the middle of the vendor section.
If the perps are reading this please return Elmo with his stuffing intact and keep him out of the hands of "possum porkers" such as Gimp.
I am taking donations for the ransom that I am sure the perpetrators will be asking for.
Everyone please send 5 dollars to my paypal account at wreckerman893@yahoo.com

If Elmo is returned unharmed without being ransomed I'll donate all the fumds collected to the Steel Soldiers Flower and Card Fund.
I feel your pain Brother and as I stated when interogated, I can vouch for all eight CAMO members present...we DID NOT have anything to do with the possum napping...nor do we have any knowledge of who may have conducted such a mission!:cookoo:

I asked MB if we had any "fumds" we could donate and she said said she would let me know when she was able to translate that word.:roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a great time at the event-although I've been a member of the national MVPA for 15+ years, this was my first convention.

There's no way in the world I'd be crazy enough to go to an event like this in 100+ degree weather, so the air conditioned convention hall was great.

The swap meet was excellent and we got several good deals (NOS spring ride cushion set, rebuilt 60A alternator, 16 gallons of paint, 4 headlights, 2 gallons of BFS and a bunch of other stuff).

I got to drool over a closed cab CCKW.

The Dixie Division did a fantastic job.

Clintogf and I left here about 0445 and got there about 0815 and it took until 1500 to see everything and we wasted very little time.

Got to see a bunch of our SS and G503 and MVPA friends. Sorry we missed the CAMO crew(s).

I took over 300 pictures-I believe I got every vehicle there, so those of you that want to see everything, click here: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

MUCH MUCH MUCH thanks to Wreckerman893 and twright who helped us in multiple ways and made this day a Saturday to remember. Your invaluable assistance is appreciated and you two and your help made our day a lot easier.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Although I'm in the motel room leading the investigation concerning the missing marsupial I still have to do my job as Public Affairs Officer for the Dixie Division.

We got a good segment on WAAY TV 31 on the 10 pm news (done by the cute little reporter). My TV was acting up but I think we got a whole minute. She interviewed a deuce owner, Ronnie Guin and some folks that were just there to see the event.

I'm going to send a press release to the Assignments Editor of all three networks and the Huntville Times (which gave us ink in Sundays paper) concerning the brazen possum napping that took place at the convention.

Maybe they'll put it on the news and Elmo will be released by his captors.

reloader64

Wreckerman,
I am sorry about Elmo, and I hope he turns up. You guys did a great job, and we had an absolute blast, in addition to contributing to the local economy. A lot. It's 0645 now, and we're scheduled to start moving at 0700. We're going to stop by the hall and see if any vehicles are moving, then it's 14 1/2 hours back to Texas. It was good to meet you guys, and maybe we can do it again one day.

Scott

Bill W

I bet it was that new radical group... "The RedNeck Brotherhood"..They are probably trying to make a political statement...or maybe just lunch!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'll tell ya what made the trip worthwhile to me (besides having a good time with friends and meeting some SS folks).

First, I got to see a BEAUTIFUL GPA. I've seen countless pics but never actually stood next to one.

Second, we were standing around a vendors table and a rollup door started rolling up and we heard a rumble.
An announcement came over the speaker that the SCUD Missile Launcher had arrived and we had a good laugh.... until that bad boy rolled into the room and started erecting the missile!!!!!!!:grin:
Talk about shock and awe!! I started erecting..er...never mind.:roll:

Third, I got to see a VERY well done deuce Guntruck with the 8th Grp yellow nose.
Doc and I talked to the builder and told him about the Gathering and other stuff and got his info and stuff....oh..and he owns a towing service as well.

A good time was had by all.:jumpin:

Spook556

Did anybody else notice that the travel case for the Chaplain's gear in the tent had a lockable hasp?

Wouldn't that make it a...

Wait for it!

Secure MASS Storage Device????

:twisted:

Spook

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got back to my AO , had to spend the night in KY due to leaving Hville later than planned. It was really good meeting all you guys in person. Wish I could make it to the GA rally to meet some more of you but it's a 15 hour drive from here.

I screwed up and did not bring my camera , did anyone happen to to get a picture of my quagmire of crap before I sold it all?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks