• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVs headed to scrap, anyone need any parts?

Wyattearp

why are all the good places so darn far away.. Its a shame, but as the old saying goes, one mans tash is another mans treasure.. guess that holds true.. what a shame, some pple, i agree should be at least hanged by their toenails.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update: Saturday morning - Arrived at the site bright and early with tools in hand, but the scrapman never showed. I guess he took the day off, . . . can't say that I blame him. It just stinks when someone tells you they will be there, and then they leave you hanging. :?

We looked around some more - got more and more disgusted as we witnessed the effects of many years of neglect, and we dreamed of how much better all of it would have looked when it was brought here. . . . Found a piece of canvas that somehow escaped the battering of the seasons, closed my eyes, took a deep whiff and went to "my happy place"

The plan is to return on Monday morning.

Also, To clear up some potential confusion- My nickname, "Crusher", was given to me by friends long ago when I used to bang cars together at the county fairs. :) (see pic) I, by no means, endorse or condone the "crushing" of military vehicles. The rest of my name “Junkyard Wars” refers to my participation in the Television show that has been mentioned here before.

Merry Christmas all

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CGarbee said:
Geez,
I just read this and I'm droolling over the M37 front fenders.... Straight ones are getting harder to find, and if it's got a good gas tank I'd want it as well... Got a buddy who is looking at a truck that has no bed.... If it's got a tailgate or any of the troopseat hardware...
Heck, I'd even take the wheels off the thing just to have a "spare" set for my "other" tires so that I could save the Michelins when on long road trips...

Cabell,

How bad do you want those things? I will try to help if I can. There were still 8-10? M37s there on Saturday (more of them than anything else) , but it looks like they are next in line for the ride on a" flat bed hearse " :(

To be honest with you, my m37 knowledge is weak. I'll do my best to describe what I saw. IMHO most of the sheet metal (fenders, tailgates, gas tanks) is rough. Maybe to others, it would be considered “restorable”. Wheels would probably be one of the easiest things to get, but you would have to take the tires also. I thought I saw some troop seat “residue” in one of the beds, . . .but I’m not sure it was correct for the M37 – the side racks and seats were integrated into one unit like a deuce. I thought the M37 seats were separate from the side racks?

If you were to decide to get any of the large items, you would have to make all the arrangements for shipping. I’m pretty that the scrap guy is not interested in shipping. He just wants to get the stuff gone, now.

If you want discuss with the scrapman directly, PM me your phone number, and I’ll have him you call him. I’d be glad to take more pictures if you need a closer look.

I’m afraid time is short, so let me know right away.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just have to vent about something else. . .

You wanna' know something else that really got under my skin about this place? There was NOT ONE GOOD PIECE OF GLASS in the whole lot! Not a window, windshield, mirror, headlight, nuthin' - every single one was broken. I bet they weren't that way when they were put there. :( Just plain sad.

To everyone who has PM'd me, I should find out tomorrow if any of your requests can be filled. Hopefully, we may be able to salvage a piece or two.

fusn

yea a shame i was by there onfriday not a lot left the original owner of the stuf died a few months ago and his son is turning it to quick cash scrap. the yard is just down the road from my shop. he also has a large warehouse with a bunch of green stuff in it. i saw a bunch of windshield frames ,a elliot serv trailer, but like the yard he seems to have cleaned out most of it

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had some limited success today. BIG THANKS to Todd Haley for helping me drag stuff out of the yard through some really nasty mud.

-Trango - check your voice mail.

-Wallew - really sorry, no salvageable fuel tanks

-hndrsonj - got two sets of winch mounting brackets. I'll send you a pic, and you can pick. I think you will be very happy with the price. Second set is up for grabs, anyone?

-Boatcarpenter- got your clip.

- h1crwchf - really sorry, no j-pipes, all were rotten.

-CGarbee - got some more info to pass along to you on your M37 requests.

I also picked up a couple of items that looked like someone could use. Need help with identifying. I'll start a new thread.

Here is a shot of today's loot.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were there more dueces than in the pictures? I only saw one with brackets? Looks like you had a good trip. It's too bad people let stuff go like that. Let me know about the brackets. If the price is right I'd take both sets.

ida34

If the second set of brackets is still available, what's the price for them? I may be interested. The next big question is how much do you think to ship to my location in Dexter, MI 48130.

Thanks
Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If ida doesn't buy the second set of winch brackets, I will! You have both pieces for each side?

Low-Tech-Redneck

This thread rules, because until now, I never knew that jetboat even exsisted, much less was enough of a tool to think that anyone would give him THAT kind of money

Someone should tell him you only get paid for information if it's WORTH somthing.

I know what the Capital of Nevada is, for $4000, I'll tell you all :D

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crusher,
Thx for trying. Looks like you got SOME good stuff though. That's the main problem with fuel tanks. Most people don't bother to empty them. They just park the truck and forget that the fuel will eventually end up as water which will end up as a rusty hole from the inside.

Thx again. jim

ida34

I forgot to ask before. Do any of the Deuces have the newer style parking brake lever? I need the two mounting brackets that mount lever assembly to the floor.

Thanks
Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks