• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVs needed for Winchester VA Apr. 2012 event

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a call from a MV buddy of mine, said that his employer at Lowe's Home Improvement in Winchester, VA is having a "Contractor Appreciation Day" on Friday, April 27th 2012. This is a new event, and looks like all sorts of people, and hobbies are going to be displayed out in the parking lot. There are a few re-enactors of the Civil War showing up, a machinegun collector is displaying his stuff, Cabela's is showing up and putting on a display. Basically, from what I hear, it's going to be a big-boy's toys free-for-all there, any display is free, just need to show up between 11am and 2pm.

The store manager is a big MV enthusiast and put out the word to anyone who wants to show up and display for the public. I no longer have any MVs here, but I told my friend I'd put out the word.

Blue Mountain Rebel

I'll be there with my M-37 and commo gear from WWII through Vietnam as well as my Finnish Maxim and some WWII German equipment. The event for the vehicles and re-enactors runs from 8-5 on that day.
We'll have interperators from the revolution onward. All are welcome.

Blue Mountain Rebel

We will have vendors from many of the local buissness's set up that day and will be a great chance for local vehicle collectors to meet and possibly get an annual event started here in the Winchester area.

Blue Mountain Rebel

Stil needing more vehicles and displays. We have vendors from Gander mountain, Harley Davidsen, Local re-enactors. A local collectoer will have his display of wwII vintage MG's. There will be food and beverages. All welcome. If you have any Questions please feel free to call me (540) 625-9370 and I will get back to you.
We are trying to make this a twice yearly event here in Winchester with the goal of getting a show/swap meet going.
Hope to see you there.

sharkhunter2018

Neither of my Deuces are on the road right now and probably won't be by then, but I'll try and roll out that way. I know a couple others a bit closer to me that might want to bring one of their trucks out there though.

I gotta question for you guys out that way. I was out in Winchester last fall getting a new jaw coupler for my wood splitter and I got off 81 North onto the Rt. 50 exit. There at that intersection there, there was a really nice M35A2 parked in a grassy spot out front of that gas station to the left across the street (exxon or shell, im not out there that often so i dont remember). Then I was back out there about a month later and it was gone. Was a W/W and cargo cover. Really nice looking truck. What's the story with that one?

Blue Mountain Rebel

Sharkhunter2018 come on out. if you can tow it bring it! Be great to meet you. If they can bring them out we'd love to have as many as we can get. As I mentioned to the powers that be this is a little close to Aberdeen, but if we can get a venue for Winchester that will be great.

Not sure what happened to that truck. I believe it sold quick. There is an A2 for sale in Front Royal right by the twin Bridges by the 7-11 there. It is black, looks like new tires and generally in nice shape. Maddawg308 has looked at it closer. I will haved my 'Curse" (1951 M37 that defies all attempts to run) at the show.

Blue Mountain Rebel

Sharkhunter2018 come on out. if you can tow it bring it! Be great to meet you. If they can bring them out we'd love to have as many as we can get. As I mentioned to the powers that be this is a little close to Aberdeen, but if we can get a venue for Winchester that will be great.

Not sure what happened to that truck. I believe it sold quick. There is an A2 for sale in Front Royal right by the twin Bridges by the 7-11 there. It is black, looks like new tires and generally in nice shape. Maddawg308 has looked at it closer. I will haved my 'Curse" (1951 M37 that defies all attempts to run) at the show.

sharkhunter2018

Well, to clarify. Mine don't need to be towed...they just aren't tagged right now. Not much time right now and too many other things on my plate at this time. Though, having followed a very nice A2 down Snickersville Turnpike from Aldie on Monday morning made me a bit envious...so perhaps in the near future.

As for the guys I know, I will run this by them and see if they can do it.

I haven't seen the truck in Front Royal, but then again I can't tell you that last time I was there much less on that end of town. I know quite a few people from over there and it still messes with my head everytime they mention something about the Wally Werld there. Gives you an idea of just how often I'm over there.

Blue Mountain Rebel

Just brought the M37 up to work to prep for Fri. Spent 2-1/2hrs answering questions from customers. Met one Viet vet who remembered her . Tomorrow will bring the PRC-47,25,77 RT-68,URR-5, BC-348, KWM-2A and assorted other comms gear. Fri morning the 09 Finnish Maxim, Bazooka and other assorted weaponery.
We will be doing this again in the fall so if you can set some time aside and set up you will be more than welcome. Will post when dates firm up.

Blue Mountain Rebel

Just brought the M37 up to work to prep for Fri. Spent 2-1/2hrs answering questions from customers. Met one Viet vet who remembered her . Tomorrow will bring the PRC-47,25,77 RT-68,URR-5, BC-348, KWM-2A and assorted other comms gear. Fri morning the 09 Finnish Maxim, Bazooka and other assorted weaponery.
We will be doing this again in the fall so if you can set some time aside and set up you will be more than welcome. Will post when dates firm up.