• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1031

nyoffroad

I think you could fit a few more lights on it if you try. You have been busy! You should post a decription of what the pic show, some of it I have no idea what it is.

tourus

First I think the things you have done are great and intriguing would like to know what you have a recirculating pump for under hood is it for house heating when power lost or for back or trucking but my first guess is some sort of engine heating. the stereo and speaker + amp is cool. would like to know what the truck's main use is for? is it just fun or do you have a purpose for each item forward lights I get you can NEVER have enough forward lights but the rest of stuff inside the box.

SpecialK

Well... where do I start... The pump under the hood is for the 4000 watt tank heater, it has an electronic controller in the cab. I converted the truck to 12 volts and modified the front battery mount to hold both battery's. The passenger alternator was out so I replaced it with a Nippon Denso aircraft alternator. I added a third battery mount is for the aux system witch powers the stereo and the headlights. I upgraded the headlights to 6500k HId's(I know LED's would be better but when I did the upgrade LED's were very expensive). I rebuilt the Kingpins and upgraded to 265/75/16LT tires. When I added the civi trailer hitch I added around 50 pounds of extra steel for bracing, and a 7 pin light plug. When I purchased the truck the exhaust was trashed. I put on 45 sweeps with turn downs. I cut the mufflers out and installed Cheery Bomb glasspacks(which I love!) I pulled out the glow plug card and installed a manual switch. I installed 2 Led lights on the top back of the box for reverse lights and installed 4 oval Led's in place of the stock brake lights. 2 hard wired battery chargers that power on with the tank heater and block heater.(I have 2 different engine heaters depending on where i am, most places don't have 30 amp twist lock outlets). The generator, welder and air compressor work perfect. I use the compartments to hold tools and equipment. At first the truck was a toy(a really fun toy) and since then I'm self employed and I take my truck to every project I do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks