• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1968 M35A2

Dirt

I did some swapping for this beauty back in 2009 and brought her home looking kind of rough. Broken glass all around, old tires, and a top speed of 54 mph.

101_3469.jpg

Dirt

After some painting, cleaning, and a little tlc, this is what she looked like.
IMG_0320.jpg

Last edited:

Dirt

On a trip home from work one afternoon, I had an o-ring give way on one of those oil filter canisters and slowly bled out every drop of oil over a 30 mile highway stretch. By the time she started to tap, it was already too late. In my efforts to limp her home (after adding oil) she finally gave way about 2 miles shy of the house. Here's the damage.

photo4.jpgphoto3.jpg

Last edited:

Dirt

I hooked up with the boys at M Series Rebuild who happened to have a wrecked M35A3 sitting on their lot. They swapped in the CAT 3116 and mated it to my Spicer 5 speed. After some body modifications this is how she ended up. On the trip home with the CAT she topped out at 64 mph downhill, but would hold 61 mph with ease.
Back Home 5.jpgBack Home 1.jpgBack Home 2.jpgBack Home 3.jpgBack Home 4.jpg

Last edited:

Dirt

Super Singles are the best mod yet! Goodyear MV/T 395/85R20's on stock rims. She'll do 54 mph in 4th gear and top out at 72 mph down hill in 5th gear. Pretty scary!
Tires 10.jpgTires 8.jpgTires 9.jpg

Last edited:

Dirt

Gonna paint the wheels over the weekend and probably get a good coating of tire shine on those tires to try and prevent any dry rot. I'll post a few more pics when shes all shined up looking her best.

Dirt

The CAT has a bigger radiator and an air to air intercooler. That forced the headlights out to the fenders like the M35A3. It also forced me to use the longer hood and odd shaped side panels off of the M35A3 as well. I'm definitely okay with how it all turned out. She definitely turns heads and gets some second looks.

Lonesome715

Are the front fenders on the A3 the same as the A2? I prefer the look of the A2, but I like the idea of having a second set of lights for off road use. I would like ot know if the A3 headlight assembly will work on an A2 frint fender with littlt to know mods.

Dirt

Are the front fenders on the A3 the same as the A2? I prefer the look of the A2, but I like the idea of having a second set of lights for off road use. I would like ot know if the A3 headlight assembly will work on an A2 frint fender with littlt to know mods.
I still have my A2 fenders on the truck. Those headlight buckets for the A3 just bolt on. I picked mine up at TNJ Murray for $120 a piece. You'll also have to buy the different mounts for your turn signal indicators to sit on top. I don't remember what they cost, but TNJ Murray has those too. They come pre-drilled with all the holes to mount the headlights, turn signal mount, and that clearance light. Just run some wires and you're done.

Dirt

That is wild! A cross between an A2 and an A3. Simply wild! I like it! The best part is, no one else has one.
M35A2.5 - Truly a collector's ride. Take good care of her.
This is by far my favorite toy of all time. I've always wanted that truly original something and continued to find another one similar. Believe me when I say that this truck has a home.

Danger Ranger

I suddenly remember how much I hate the a3 front end. Figure out how to straighten a few things and eliminate the bug-eyes adn I might be able to look at it more...;)

The truck looks good, glad to see you are fixing it up from its once sad state. The Cat and the manual is badass, and one of a kind to my knowledge, but what do I know.
I would have to think that 60mph would be fast enough for me in that, but it is good to know you have some speed to play with if you should ever have to get out of the way of and accident or something.

Well done, even if it does have an a3 front now...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks