• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1986 CUCV M1009!

1073CJ5

cucv.jpg167.jpg175.jpg172.jpgWell I finally did it. I found me a clean M1009 CUCV Blazer in Alaska. Pretty hard to do since the ones that are up here are usually rotted out and canibalized up. This one I bought from a Coast Guardsman in Kodiak who recently brought it up from South Carolina. The only rust in in the tail gate from water running down the glass. Besides that she's clean in and out. Still stock 6.2L and running on the 24 V system. It's got a newer 6.2L diesel that was just put in. She has only around 67K on it, but from what I've read, it's not too uncommon to have engine problems with the 6.2L engine. I'm gonna try to get her up to specs. I'm looking for a set of CUCV 6 bolt rims for it. I found a bridge plate and radio antenna mount too. Glass is all good around, it's got a few fork lift kisses as most CUCV's do from transporting them. Can't wait to get it on the trails!:driver:Price paid was $3,500.00, let me know what ya think.

Billy Jack

Durango_USMC

If it runs as good as it looks I think you probably did pretty well. Keep that salt water off of it though, wouldnt want to see a good truck rust to bits. But for 3500 I think you did good. Now go grab a grease gun the lube order and the rest of the TMs for a little quality time.

rivcrazy2000

Welcome. I don't know what you've been reading on the 6.2, mine has been pretty reliable so far. If you are looking to do an 09 Jim Creek run I can probably go in a couple weeks for an evening run or something. There's a few of us around the area, lots of good guys. If you need parts there's some definite MV hoarders around. Good luck on the build!

1073CJ5

Man I would but I live in Kodiak now. Nice CUCV, thinkm it's the same one that was for sale about 2 years ago that I just missed. I recognize the paint. Seen it and a camo one at sportsmans before. Inside is in great shape, upholstery and all...