• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my 2nd CUCV

mr.travo

My wife doesn't understand why a 25 year old starter on my 1008 is messing up or why I want to rebuild 25 year old alternators. Most women think if you spend the money it should run with no problems. Have fun. I will have a 1009 some day myself.

LOL! Why is this so true???

cucv1833

This is REAL rock crawling.:p No not realy but not much Rocks in Louisiana.

Any way just got a few scoops of crush concrete in my driveway so figured I would test out my Blazer a little.

It did very well but the stering is a little weak.

This is with 3" lift - 33" tires Dual front shock mount and NO Sway bar.

Attachments

mr.travo

LOL! Got to love these CUCV's. I did almost the same thing with my 1009 as well. We had a huge dirt mound on the property so I just HAD to climb it! The '09s will go pretty much anywhere!

BMW vs. CUCV

No contest - BMW's are way more expense (and no where near as fun) to keep.;)
Nice pictures - thanks for sharing - hope starting problems minor - my M1008 just threw a fit this weekend and I am back to civilian status until I get her morning again.

Cheers!
I have a BMW and an M1009, a Mustang and a Dodge 2500. I have to say the BMW is by far the absolute best fun to drive on the road, hands down. If you have to drive long distance they are fantastic. My wife and I drove ours from southern ca to Montana an everywhere in between and back. We love to take it to Vegas so much fun at high speed on trips. Nice cold A/C satellite radio and razor sharp steering.

However the 09 is just for completely different driving IMHO. Another type of fun al together, noting beats it on the open beach. Its perfect, just throw in the BBQ and surfboard and GO! I think trying to compare BMW to a CUCV is like trying to compare PBR to Monster.

But hey everyone has their own views on it, but my wife sure does love our 09. If another one ever came up for as good a deal she wants me to buy another one!

toddm

My daughter is going to be a senior next year in college and needs a car. I told her she can use my M1009, she laughed! I guess the smile on my face gave it away!

Attachments

cucv1833

But hey everyone has their own views on it, but my wife sure does love our 09. If another one ever came up for as good a deal she wants me to buy another one!
I always tell my wife I want another one for "His and Hers CUCV" but she aint buying it. She said ones enough:( The other day she asked me why I didnt take the Top off so she could go cruising around. But Im away from home and dont want her messing with it LOL. I dont even let her drive my New Truck much.

My daughter is going to be a senior next year in college and needs a car. I told her she can use my M1009, she laughed! I guess the smile on my face gave it away!
:driver:[thumbzup]

cucv1833

Well just got home from a 3-month trip offshore and im back working on the OH-9. Heres some pics of the SUPERWINCH 10K-Lb I installed. I was torn between the superwinch LP-10K and the Warn-VR-10K. For $400 vrs $600 I went with Superwinch. I wanted something somewhat made in USA but it appears this model supewinch is made in China. It changes out real nice on my Ford-F-150 with the front hitch I installed.

I also just got finished changing out all HARD TOP and TAILGATE SEALs/WEATHER STRIP. Tomorrow I will put the Top back on and see if it leaks and also play with the winch a little. Got the Weather stripping at CLASSIC TRUCK PARTS.com It was $300 for everything. My seals were not leaking but were very brittle and started to come part.

EDIT- I bought the receiver hitch from Harbor frieght and got it welded on at a shop professionally. The winch plate receiver and the hitch on my Ford is from CURT very nicely made

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVSRK

My wife loves the m1008 wants me too get an m1009 to replace her civi k-5 blazer! She won't let me get a 5 ton though............says its over kill...........well when I get one I'm not telling her and I bet she like it! Well maybe....might take a while.
When I told my wife I wanted a 5 ton she sad the exact same thing I got an M1009 and love it but I will get a 5 ton some day and she will leave the house when she comes back it will be sitting in the driveway.

Lothar

When I told my wife I wanted a 5 ton she sad the exact same thing I got an M1009 and love it but I will get a 5 ton some day and she will leave the house when she comes back it will be sitting in the driveway.
I wish you the best of luck with that plan. Something tells me you will be needing it.:beer:

LOL, I'm about to do the same thing, I'm working up in North Dakota and bought a 5 ton / Bobbed deuce and trailer while I"m up here... haven't told the wife about either one of them. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to park these when I get them home to Louisiana. :)

Attachments

cucv1833

LOL, I'm about to do the same thing, I'm working up in North Dakota and bought a 5 ton / Bobbed deuce and trailer while I"m up here... haven't told the wife about either one of them. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to park these when I get them home to Louisiana. :)
:drool: Thats a really nice Duece. You can park it at my house if you want :). I been telling the wife that I want a duece but its not going to well.

cucv1833

UPDATE: On my recent winch install. The Super winch LP10K works ok but I wish I would have went with the WARN VR10K for a extra $150 . I exercised the cable a few times but the freespool is a little to free compared to some Warns I have used. And the breaker tripped out on me a few time during normal testing not even really pulling but just recovering full length of cable. I think it will be Ok though for what I need it for. I give it a 6 out of 10:|

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that. Another one will come along

You are still welcome here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks