• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 Ton already earning its keep!!

CanadaDeuce

tractors ........

Hey guys, sorry I meant smaller ones like compacts up to lets say 100 HP ?

most smaller compact JD tractors are built by Yanmar in Japan .......

CanadaDeuce

emr

Anybody who has not been stuck has never been in the mud :D ,Heck thats when it gets good..., Great PICS!!! Really like the Family angle's we get here alot :D Beutiful Family and beutiful GREEN Toys...the only way to go :D ...John Deere's are awesome!!!...Randy

jd-ford-hd

Re: tractors ........

CanadaDeuce said:
Hey guys, sorry I meant smaller ones like compacts up to lets say 100 HP ?

most smaller compact JD tractors are built by Yanmar in Japan .......

CanadaDeuce
No, actually the Georgia plant builds 30 to 80 HP, "I THINK", we will both be corrected by more knowledgable sources I am sure!!!!

DMgunn

RE: Re: tractors ........

*Warning* - this opinion based on experience may be offensive to some -
The only reason to buy any other brand is because you can't afford a JD....unless it's tracked, then buy a QuadTrack......and no offense, but the only reason to buy a 2wd tractor is because you can't afford a MFWD.

Unless you do something real stupid, engaging the front drive axle will almost always get you out of the trouble you got into in 2wd.

Regarding imported JD construction equipment - My father-in-law always says, "If JD makes the same piece of equipment in both the USA and Brazil (or wherever it is in South America), why isn't the one from Brazil cheaper?"

1ton

RE: Re: tractors ........

Everything but the 6000 series are built in the US, they are built in the Werke Mannhiem, Germany. The 6000 series is shipped to NA and 5000, 7000, and 8000 series tractors are shipped back. One curiosity about this is, in Europe, the small frame 7000s are the 6500-6900. i never can remember if that means they are built in the US or Germany, but I'm pretty sure they are built in Germany.

Edit
The JD's for "other markets" are built in India.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks