• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 ton was delivered

My m52a2 was just delivered. I'm pretty excited. It has the hercules motor. Does anyone else have a engine lag from 3rd to 4th? Not sure if the truck is running poorly, I have little experience with mV's, or the tranny is just geared poorly. Anyone with any info is appreciated.

Attachments

Piper Cub

I can't help with the transmission problem, but it looks like you got a pretty nice truck! I saw the ad for it and even though it wasn't described right it does look like the previous owner took good care of it. Good luck! :tank:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Try pulling the injectors and having them pop tested/adjusted.

Yes, these motors are not hi-perf at all.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An A2 should not suffer with lag between 3rd and 4th. The hole in ratios is on the A1 and the 800 series they have the overdrive transmission.
Has someone replaced the transmission with and overdrive? Where is 5th in your shift pattern, at the seat or at the dash?

dmetalmiki

I have deuces and 5 tons..and they all suck in those gears..nothing wrong with your engine. The bedford r.l. and zill dont have silly ratios like that.makes me wonder who designs and tests these trucks.

An A2 should not suffer with lag between 3rd and 4th. The hole in ratios is on the A1 and the 800 series they have the overdrive transmission.
Has someone replaced the transmission with and overdrive? Where is 5th in your shift pattern, at the seat or at the dash?
Its at the seat, drove it around today and I love it. Seems to smoke a little like it over fueling though

Sweet! What are your current plans for it?
I have a 10 ft western snow plow off my other deuce I sold this spring. It had the gas continental, too underpowered to do any real plowing. I live at 8000ft in wyoming so I am going to chain it up all the way around and mount the plow to it. Between that and my old skidsteer I figure I can keep my 1 mile road open.

Also thinking of getting a deuce with a winch so I can pull the m52 out if I get it stuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks