• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 ton was making a funny noise and now it won't start....

acesneights1

As said, just how did you get it home from the incident?. And any pictures of the road side event, Good luck with the re fit.
Sorry, first chance I had to respond. I flat towed it with my M923 which developed a nasty vibration en route to go get the 818.
I bought the truck that way to harvest for parts for my M813 rebuild so no idea how it happened as the guy I got it from also bought it that way and did not get the story behind it.
It has a HD Holland fifth wheel on it and looks like they were using it in a civilian commercial capacity and most likely pushed it too hard. These motors don't like to be pushed and this one pushed back. Sad, it only had 60k on it. Not much salvageable on the motor it self. it tore the pump right off the compressor.

Attachments

acesneights1

Of course not the dilemma is...do I harves it for my M813 Cargo or Harvest the M813 for this truck....Decisions decisions...
M809 series IMHO are bad asses of all 5 Tons. They just look tough.

TCD

BigDawg41

I found this page in the TM for you. I see you already removed the fuel pump as in step 5 (A) of testing. Does the engine turn over now? Just kidding,sorry for your loss.

Attachments

Last edited:

acesneights1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks