• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 ton was making a funny noise and now it won't start....

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question is...Repower or recycle ???
My M813 needs Cab and alot of nick nacks...
Depends what you can get an engine for? I get used running 250s for under a grand around here, maybe it's worth it to you but what's your end game? Toy or $$? If it's a toy then put something else in it like a 6CTA (I've always wanted to see what that would be like in an M809 truck) but if it's for sale then go stock, simply worth more due to expectations.

Also the fuel pump may be salvageable so take it, the starter, muffler, alternator, and power steering pump too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an engine for it if you're interested pm
Me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acesneights1

I have an engine for it if you're interested pm
Me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks. My 813 has a good engine. Right now my dilemma is which truck to save as there is only enough parts combined to make one good truck...Do I want another Cargo truck or do I want a tractor ????
i have 395s on Hemtt wheels ready to go on either.
I could also make a long wheelbase tractor from the 813....��

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Dt466. Simple and cheap. Yes. That motor in the video actually ran again. After i cut the rod out. Slight miss.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

grunex125

Repower it with a 6-71 Detroit! That is my vote! :grin:
HUH???????
LOL
love the screamin detroits, but can't work with em anymore, just to darn many headaches at the end of the day.

350 fuel mizer might be a good option, with turbo, simply drop the can off the side and replace with silencer in exhaust stack, good fuel economy, little extra power, without the usual small cam problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks