• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 5 ton

OSO

Your 813 looks mighty handsome. Dave's guys did a good job painting her up. Your not planning on losing it's "old school" classic look by installing those over-sized "Randy's Donuts" tires (see pic), are you?? Keep the duels...they look great.
Come on BIG TIRES don't LOOK SO BAD!rofl

M813A1

For the stack you can cut down the stack to be just a tall as the cab and you will be able to get it into your garage or turn the "J" pipe down and run the exhaust under the cab and out the back !! And Oh by the Way Great looking Truck !! Mine will look like that one day just have to get out and do the painting !! I like the extra set of shackles under the front bumper..

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

For the stack you can cut down the stack to be just a tall as the cab and you will be able to get it into your garage or turn the "J" pipe down and run the exhaust under the cab and out the back !! And Oh by the Way Great looking Truck !! Mine will look like that one day just have to get out and do the painting !! I like the extra set of shackles under the front bumper..

I actually have a cut off stack with a raincap on it, But i put the stock one back on because the fumes in the cab made start see-in funny colors.....

FormerNewMVGuy

Your 813 looks mighty handsome. Dave's guys did a good job painting her up. Your not planning on losing it's "old school" classic look by installing those over-sized "Randy's Donuts" tires (see pic), are you?? Keep the duels...they look great.

I prefer the stock look on my trucks, i think those big tires are neat, as long as there on somebody else's truck...

Petesos

813a1

That is a nice looking truck there are very few of them over here that i know of only one and i own it so i am told A dealer priced my 813A1 at £20.000 what an investment you got but my 813A1 is more of a bed partner ????

FormerNewMVGuy

That is a nice looking truck there are very few of them over here that i know of only one and i own it so i am told A dealer priced my 813A1 at £20.000 what an investment you got but my 813A1 is more of a bed partner ????

How about posting a larger picture of your setup, it looks like a sweet rig.

Petesos

This is my set up on my way to a show the gun is a 155mm howitzer all 10 tons of her, If any one goes on youtube and type in FH 70 (war time in the vale) I have it on there firing and the truck has a gas fired 50 cal on the roof ,,,,,,,,,,you just got to love messing with this type of kit . Anyway i only have the three photos just now but now i know how to post i will send a few more

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Petesos that setup you have is as BEAUTIFUL as they come and I mean BOTH the gun and the 5 ton WOW is really all I can think of to say about this one Truly a setup to be proud off thanks a LOT for posting the pics and any more pices would sure be more than welcome!
KK

Petesos

Many thanks for the good feedback Now the story about the gun is its a nato gun I did travel many Ks to look for the 155mm Long Tom as that was my dream to own a nice bit of American armour to tow behind my truck but the cheapest Long Tom i ever found and complete was £55,000 yep fifty five thousand pounds and that is way out of my price range but i hope to drop on one some day and if i do I will post it on this website (UNLESS ANY ONE WANTS TO GIVE ME £55,000 FOR THE MOTHER IN LAW ???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks