• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 53 m37

seabee mike

Here is a project that started with part buying and ended with lots of money spent and no restoration. it has the PTO out put and levers. bumper is somewhere but no winch.

Attachments

majorhitt

Hay Seabee, Sell this truck and use the money to help the 51 out. Oh, I didn't see the winch lever,The bumper is a non winch type in the third picture.

Hey Dap, your M37 is an inspiration to all of us non-purist M37 (and MV's in general) owners everywhere! awesome truck. much nicer than i ever plan on making mine, but it has alot of the future upgrades id like to do. did you use the Ugly Truckling conversion for your disc brake set-up? and is the one piece windshield a custom build? or can i buy it somewhere? i need to replace mine, and i really like that.

DAP

Windshield was custom build but really easy. Yes used Tom Peterson on Big Blue but on Big Green am using Ugly Truck design which copied TP

DAP

Here is the Readers Digest version on windshield replacement. Sorry I have no pictures. Remove all tilt out windows and mounting hardware.Take die grinder and remove center post and clips for holding tiltout scissors. Weld up any holes. Take thick sheet metal on bending brake and bend around bottom of entire frame (if bottom is rotted out) otherwise just weld flat steel to outside of entire frame. Do 1 inch skip welds all the way around to prevent warpage. You will have to notch the steel to fit around the fold down swivel arms protruding forward. When done welding measure 1.5 inches in from the frame on the bottom and sides. Mark your lines. Determine how much space you need on the top of the frame to mount your windshield wipers. Under no circumsatance make your top line less than 1.5 inches in from the inside of the top frame. If you use electric wipers you might want to measure 2.5 to 3 inches in. Take a large Planters Peanut lid and mark your corners rounded (you can use a smaller can if you want but the approx 4 inch diameter can works great. Cut along all the lines you have marked to remove the center. I used a jig saw with a metal blade. File or rotary sand away any rough edges and deburr. Take to local auto glass place and have them install glass. They use the commom two part window rubber available at all glass places. Find auto rearview mirror and glue near top of glass.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks