• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 710M running really rich

halfdunn

Do I need to change some carb jets for sea level operation. I have seen paperwork saying my Pinz was registered in Colorado some years ago. Jets may be for those higher elevations. Any help or guidance. I believe I saw there were no air/fuel mixture adjustment screws.

Thanks.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The enrichener is set properly yes? This can definitely cause a rich issue. The enrichener was also used in desert environments to richen the mix to aid in cooling of the engine. Great trucks. You may have a stuck float or most likely your needle and seat have failed.

Is this truck new to you?

My buddy has a mint 74 712M that is more spoiled than a house cat. Those Zenith carbs should not be a big deal to rebuild. My buddies truck and my trailer made a great pairing.

Mark

imgcache0.933681.jpg

halfdunn

Not sure of the enrichener you speak of? Would that be the CHOKE, if so my cable is depressed in the console completely and not choking the vehicle. When I do use it to start a cold engine the choke seems to work properly.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a fuel enrichener not a choke plate. It puts more fuel in for combustion but not by reducing air flow. If you look down the carbs there is no clutch plates. Any smoke coming out the tail pipe? What shaoe are the plugs in? When did you last check the points?

Mark

halfdunn

You have a fuel enrichener not a choke plate. It puts more fuel in for combustion but not by reducing air flow. If you look down the carbs there is no clutch plates. Any smoke coming out the tail pipe? What shaoe are the plugs in? When did you last check the points?

Mark

halfdunn

No smoke out of tailpipe. New Petronix ignition kit with new plug wires and plugs. Old plugs were a little sooty looking. Just smells really rich while running at idle or speed. Thanks for the help.

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well they do run rich and what you are saying may indeed be normal. If she is running rich it will show up on the exhaust and or the plugs. Toss a full can of Seafoam and some marvel mystery oil into the full fuel tank to help clear out any garbage. You also need to use a lead substitute in the fuel as your engine valve guides need it as they are not hardened like the newer engines.

Mark

20220927_111917.jpg

halfdunn

Well they do run rich and what you are saying may indeed be normal. If she is running rich it will show up on the exhaust and or the plugs. Toss a full can of Seafoam and some marvel mystery oil into the full fuel tank to help clear out any garbage. You also need to use a lead substitute in the fuel as your engine valve guides need it as they are not hardened like the newer engines.

Mark

View attachment 894184

halfdunn

Mark

View attachment 894184
Awesome set up!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks