• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 818 Boat

ca1517

Tried to drive my 818 through my lake. Did not work out so well. A little deeper than I remembered. Drained all fluids and replaced, a little more work than I was anticipating, truck is fine. Guess I will have to take my voice of reason with me next time I decide to do something dumb.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since everything is okay I can say that I would have wanted to see it on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Glad you are both okay.

sw

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I was at ADR's house there was a 953 in the front yard. Everyone needs a 953. Yeah, I can see that it was a non issue getting it out. At least its been thoroughly rinsed.

gunboy1656

DOH!!!! I have a strict rule...if I'm gonna drive thru water of unknown depth...
I have a 3 foot midget precede me, when he disappears....I stop!!!rofl

Reminds me of a story my father told me about one of his experiences in Vietnam.

He was an RTO and stayed beside the convoy commander, they got to a point where they had to ford a creek. the convoy commander had and M113 go across first to see if the rest of the convoy could cross.

The M113 went across and only "sank" up to it's skirt. Well before anyone had a chance to stop the LT, he had a deuce driver start across. You guessed it, it sank, water up over the cab, supplies floating away. The LT didn't understand what happened. OOOOPS.

After the deuce was recovered, the LT was told the M113 "floats".

Hope you have some fun cleaning all that up. Talk about a field expedient bath.

earnie

Tried to drive my 818 through my lake. Did not work out so well. A little deeper than I remembered. Drained all fluids and replaced, a little more work than I was anticipating, truck is fine. Guess I will have to take my voice of reason with me next time I decide to do something dumb.
ok if i may suggest , if you want to go swimminig in a m/v might an amphib say a
dukw be better
this is really funny however

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just realized there is a real boat that is closer to the shore than a truck.

That is some kind of unintentional irony.

And there is a lake at Durhamtown, we saw it in 2008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks