• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my 93 hmmwv just dies suddenly

laproscopic

Just like the title says

once it warms up (takes like 10 min running) it just dies. Like it is not getting fuel. Will crank but wont even sputter at all. Even starter fluid wont fire it. Its like the gas has been turned off. I put an electric booster pump on and changed the fuel filter but that dont fix her. In fact after she quit this last time she wont start again.
Ideas?20140803_154402.jpg20140803_154909.jpg20140803_154556.jpg

laproscopic

When was the last time your injection pump was rebuilt?
Well hmmm
Ive had it 5 years. And not during that time. I baught it salvaged so who knows. If that might fix it im game. I wish there was a h1 savy mechanic in the fresno area and id trailer it there.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not use starting fluid In these engines....period

now, if you crack an injecotor line and crank do you get fuel? Have you opened the bleed valve on the fuel filter and had someone crank the motor to see if fuel come out? This test tells me the fuel pump is pumping, the Injector cracked open tells me the state of the Fuel cut off solenoid....make sure you have 24v on the lead that is forward most on the injector pump....you can turn the key, unplug that lead and touch it back and forth to see if you hear a clicking noise in hitherto top of the pump....that the fuel cutoff solenoid.....the rear connector is the cold advance....don't worry bout that one.

most likely you pump south....post what model pump it is....it's labeled on the left side of the pump....4523,4524,4879 etc......

laproscopic

Oh...I'm in northern calif, Bay Area and stock thousands of NOS parts including Injector pumps for customer vehicle builds.
thanks for the resourse. I may need it

the fuel bleed dumps fuel so i can check that off.
Ill see if i can run the suggested injector and solenoid test this eve and report back.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to clarify, is this an H1 or a true HWWMV? Makes a difference on how you will do some testing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks