• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My AN/GRC-46C is now installed

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work, great attention to detail. Now just keep the mice out of it during the winter.
JC

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the shelter in the M715 needs a paint job to match the truck...just saying...It's a small project, but hey it's something. Or come to Cleveland and work on mine....:)
It's a comment I get often and I struggled with the decision to re-paint for a long time. However, during my time in the Signal Corp, the shelter color seldom, if ever, matched the trucks. Especially after CARC, like mine, came along. Before CARC, there were many shelters moved from older trucks like the M-37, M-211 and M-135 to newer ones like the M-715 and the CUCV's. Different ERA's, different manufacturers, different re-builds = different paint. Add to that years of unequal weathering and you have a real miss-match. Even in today's Army I see OD and camo HUMVEE's with desert tan shelters and the reverse. So, in summary, I kept it real (if there is a real!!) and may someday match them up.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really cool! Are you on the air?

the GRC-19 is next on my green radio "got to have one" list.

Garret
Yes, we are on the air with both the RATT rigs, GRC-142 and GRC-46C on the trucks, and my all military radios in the house. I just sold two complete AN/GRC-19 sets and another GRC-46B shelter. Mounts, mike's, speakers, cords included on the GRC-19's. Cleaning house here.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you on any of the green radio ham nets?

Garret
Yes and no. If I get up at 5AM on a Saturday I check the 3885 AM mil-radio net. The net control, W3PWW is so close to me most times I can't hear him as he goes right over me at time of the day. (no ground wave) The other USB nets on 7.??? change frequency so often I gave up. They e-mail the group and tell the regulars where they will be that night and the rest of us have to dial around looking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks