• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My AN/GRG-46C Project is Finished

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A year long project to restore the S-144 shelter and all the equipment inside. The shelter was stripped of all equipment, repaired and painted. Everything inside was bench tested and repaired. New wiring to replace the rotted stuff and other items were scrounged from surplus sites. You can see the process at About Rattrig.com

Now, if I can just fine another truck!!

Attachments

wsucougarx

Wow that is incredible. LOL you just answered a question I've had for about a year now. I always wondered where my AB-15 antenna mount went to. Now I know;-). Sure would like to get the S-144 to go with it now..haha

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A year long project to restore the S-144 shelter and all the equipment inside. The shelter was stripped of all equipment, repaired and painted. Everything inside was bench tested and repaired. New wiring to replace the rotted stuff and other items were scrounged from surplus sites. You can see the process at About Rattrig.com

Now, if I can just fine another truck!!
that looks great! We had conversed on the yahoo military radio group about the "shelter graveyard" did those guys ever come around?

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, what an excellent outcome to your project!

I bet finding all the gear was an "adventure" by itself...

You should win an award for that commo shelter!

wsucougarx

Just curious, is there a reason why they painted the AB-15 antenna mount red? Mine was red when I took off the layers of dried up CARC paint. Noticed it was red.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To prevent you from bumping your head on it? Probably, my guess it as a deterrent to those who want to grab hold of the antenna base if they are climbing on the truck. Red indicates "WARNING", and there's a lot of RF juice running through that antenna while in operation.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice!

There is another guy on SS who restored a GRC-46 set, put it in his M37 like he had in the service. Here's a pic:
Yep, we have conversed. He was trying to sell the truck and shelter and last I heard a few months ago, had no luck.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, is there a reason why they painted the AB-15 antenna mount red? Mine was red when I took off the layers of dried up CARC paint. Noticed it was red.
They were red in the Army. A warning to stay away as there is a burn hazzard if you are transmitting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks