• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV is running just fine... but...

pidgeon

I wanted to make a companion thread to My CUCV is running just fine thank you!

Because, while my truck is running just fine, I know I've got work and I like full disclosure. My definition of "running fine" is kind of like a politicians definition of "true". Kind of smooshy.

So... list your to do list here. Mine, in order,

• Passenger side muffler is rusted out. I don't "do" mufflers. Need to bring to the muffler shop.
  • I busted my speedo cable a month or two ago. I should get to that one day. Cops might pull me over as I'm rocketing down the road at 100mph :)
  • It's steering is smooshy (about 3 degrees of smoosh in the steering wheel). Need to replace... er... stuff that I'm sure will be more or less apparent when I start taking it apart.
  • Bounce bounce bounce.... shocks.... bounce bounce... are... bounce.... bad....
  • Tailgate rust, rubber, window crank, internals.... all need work.... I'm just going to start looking for a good used tailgate and replace all at once.
  • Window rubber leaks.... not alot. but some. I fixed some of the window rubbers with some blackjack (which looks like a POS, but who cares). Eventually I should replace them all... along with the door rubber and the cap rubber.
  • weirdo noises in the dash. Probably related to the speedo cable.
  • The dash bezel is cracked and should be replaced since it rattles and drives me nuts.
  • Probably should have a tune up and replace my unknown mileage fuel filter.
  • Weeee bit of internal cab rust (see window leaks.
So... she runs great but, hey, I'm honest. Running great for me is "breaks down with something that takes me a few hours to repair once every 3 months."

stampy

JC Whitney had all the rubber for the doors on mine I just need the rear window, they sent the wrong one. Also time for new glowplugs as mine are shot and I am tired of starting with either...

Screamin' Metal

One thing nice about these trucks is that if every week you do something small to it....you'll have the ole gal in top shape in a years time, and it'll be under 3000 bucks. Try that with a 95 an up truck, specially a diesel......2cents

markinnh

Wish List:

1. nicer seat, mine has rips like mad, even on the passenger side...it was only in with one bolt when i got the truck
  2. cold idle solenoid does not work right
  3. downshift switch does not work
  4. air compressor in contact maint set not running
  5. wish i di not put on these ultra cheat JC whitney mirrors! (they do work but look bad)
  6. tach and other gages would be nice
  7. go back to the 4 inch rear drive shaft (someone told me it will help wioth high speen vibrations)
  8. got a weak stearing box for such a low miles truck
  9. looose the forklift dent in the pass door
  10. fix leakes in the contact maint body...mostly from antenae mount holes
  11. make some bushings so my front pulling clevices dont rattle so much while stopped in traffic (it seems to scare the person in front of me and people on the sidewalk cover thier ears
a week off with pay ends the list....Hmmm this was fun, I feel much better now