• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV is running just fine thank you!

Mudstone

well... my 1009 needed a bit of work... new GP's, shocks, air filter, batteries, harmonic balancer, coolant crossover(doh) brake work, belts, hoses(doh) thermostat, dash light bulbs, starter, spare tire, dashboard, tailgate crank, patch welding rear rust holes... probably some other stuff too but i can't remember. The truck is 25 years old and beat on harder than most can imagine. It sat forever and was NEVER properly maintained. I figure everything i have done is just making the truck more reliable. As of now i would consider it completely reliable. Motor runs smooth and happy and strong. Only leak i have is the transfer case which i found out about today... it's probably due to my scraping it at rausch without the skid plate. Truck is good... name is rocky. Next Month... 1008 axles 4inches lift and 37" humvee tires... :twisted:

kassim503

Ill start by saying even with the oil pressure problem I just had (which turned out to be the gauge). My m1009 seems to keep stumbling on and on perfectly for a 25 year old truck that gets leadfooted every time driven for the past year. Sat for a couple of years before purchase and all she needed was some gas and batteries. Oh and a water pump, filters and fluids (which you should do anyways). When it comes to "that old truck that can be rebuilt with duct tape and gum" This really might be as simple as a modern vehicle gets!

***Mudstone****- check your transfer case mounting bolts, when I dragged mine over that rock on the comp course, it knocked the T-case around loosening the bolts and letting fluid that was originally trapped between the adapter and leaky front t-case seal to fall on the ground. *Probably* dont want those bolts loose:razz:

:drool: 37's! Neeeeeeed 37's!

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have put 7000 miles on my M1028a1 since 2007. Other than the initial repairs of repairing and/or replacing the fuel tank, glow plug circuit, transfer case extension, driveshaft, windshield, dash cover, seat, instrument bezel, it has been trouble free. Use on a semi daily basis as a driver and back up work truck. Have pulled down trees with it, hauled 2 tons of material, dragged a ball field, tomorrow will put up a batting cage at the high school I coach at with it. (KIDS love it) Supposedly it only has a total of about 13,000 miles on it, which is probably correct, was a contact maintenance truck, spent time (the truck) in Kuwait.

Attachments

Blood_of_Tyrants

Well, I learned a lesson about fuel tank sending units. If the gauge reads full, it just MIGHT be full. I started to drain the tank and blew on the hose to siphon the tank and fuel bubble out. Took out 5 gallons and, by golly, the gauge went down!