• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my CUCV M1009 project

jvrotter

We'll I got my M1009 a while back and now I'm fixing it up into a reliable and clean looking truck. I've already did the starter relay mod and the usual fluid maintenance. Going to Rhino coat the inside floor and just try to make the vehicle clean looking. Started out by removing all the seats. Will be getting a dash cover to go over the existing one. Also some body work will be necessary. No rush on this as it will be primarly used to go to the local club functions.

Attachments

cucv1833

Cool[thumbzup] same here im thinking of using the dupont kevlar roll on bed liner do it myself. i believe its around $150. it seems pretty good
I had rhino in my old truck that was about $500

nice truck good luck

Doc Bingo

Herculiner

I used a gal of herculiner put 2 real good thick coats in my truck, in cargo area and up the walls of the doors to the panel. Mine looks cherry took a week altogether with 3 days of just really preping the truck washing, cleaning getting grime out and so forth, then took out all the seats the rubber matts and re did all my wiring. Then once I laid the liner I let it dry about 36 hrs before I did the second coat. Mine came out ... CHERRY !!! ... All I can say is I saw a post on here from December I believe and it said PRE PRE PREP makes all the difference ... BOY does it ... That and ensure the stuff is mixed properly cuz at first I was like ... WHAT THE HE!! IS THIS $H!T !!! ... LOL ...

Boreal21

Have you guys done any other color but black on the inside? I've got a buddy that did the entire exterior of his '08 in gray Herculiner and honestly it turned out really nice. It just looks like a beefy civvy truck (which was what he was after :cookoo: ).

ssdvc

My exterior and interior is gray (lusterless navy gray) and I have black herculiner on the floor with black vinyl. Looks good to me.

jvrotter

OK, covered the cargo area with 2 coats of Hercoliner and front area with one coat cause then I ran out. Originally had a gal. Not too concerned about the front as I am covering it with sound and heat insulation and a new vinyl floor.

Attachments

ryan77

Looks good, They all rust there on the roof, i would pull the top off and check the seams there's probably rust there to.

jvrotter

I like the idea of having a rhino type covering but this particular brand, Herculiner, is very rough finish, And while it is tough it's hard to keep clean because of the finish. Hard to sweep out.

GFB

What is the reason to avoid acetone?
instructions specifically say don't use acetone. something in the herculiner isn't compatible with acetone and it can cause adhesion problems, even after the acetone is used to clean a prepped surface and allowed to evaporate. it says for cleaning and thinning, use xylol. i know you can get xylol at menards.

jvrotter

We're in Calif, we can't get anything. I was looking for thinner for my gal of Gillespie green and couldn't find any Xylene just some stuff marked as a substitute.

firecontrol86

Looking good! Just curious, I've heard a couple people talk about the Herculiner smell in the heat, even after it cures. Does yours smell a lot? I wonder if the Bed-Armor stuff is pretty much the same?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks