• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My CUCV

tdale4

I got to pick up my CUCV yesterday. She is a great driver, no leaks, no rust to speak of. She needs to be cleand up a little and a little work done on some driving noises, like a squeeky passenger seat, but all-in-all a very good vehicle.

I got the CUCV from Jefferson City, MO. GREAT people there. A few of the guys helped me load her up on a tow trailer and gave me 3 cargo ratchet tie down straps, to make sure that she was secure for the trip. Had I know that she would be such a good driver I'd have done the Fly and drive home thing, just didn't want to chance it on a 9 hour drive.

Incidently the guys there said another 10 or so CUCVs will be comming up for auction soon and they told me that they are all in the same good condition as the on I just bought. So anyone looking for a CUCV might look at the next Jefferson City auction.

aboonski

That's beautiful! One of the finest GL purchases of an M1009 that I have seen in a while. I like how all of the radio racks & wiring are still intact as well as the antenna mounts which are becoming hard to find now. You did good! Kind of curious about what you paid for the truck? You can PM me about this if you don't want everyone to know. If I were to buy an M109 I would want it to be like yours. How many miles one the truck?

tdale4

I paid more then I wanted too, $2500. and there are 51,000 miles on it

but atleast there is very little rust. Just a little surface rust on some of the parts like the towing rings. But a little steel brush and rustoleum will take care of that

AJMBLAZER

Frankly speaking, especially considering the miles and condition, that's an excellent price. An advertiser here sells "reconditioned" trucks with more miles than that and hidden problems for 2-3 times that price.:|

Going rates on CK5 and other GM truck sites says that's a great price.

m38inmaine

AJM is correct, my brother bought one of those "reconditioned" trucks, $6500, 200 miles from the shop the rear driveshaft fell out. You got a sweet deal.

ida34

That thing looks great. If you do not want the antenna mounts and stuff you should be able to get some fair money for them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yea,

I don't know what I'm going to do with the radio mounts, either take them out, or buy some old radio's to bring her back to spec, so to speak

Unfortunately the MSE equipment will probably never hit the market. The main components are all listed as not releasable so it is unlikely we will every get one of these very expensive systems. Wouldn't be very useful if you did have one.

The VRC-47 is no longer releasable but a while back they were and there are some that do come up on e-gay.

trucker 1954

waiting for euc any day 1986 m1028a1 dodge contract body 18.000 miles on one other with 25.000 miles both run and drive great drove them before was able to bid. when i get them home ill put one up 4 sale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks