• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My dash so far...

h1crwchf

WOW!!

Yikes that looks NICE!! Did you yank the whole dash to paint or did you do it in-place? If you did yank it, how long did it take to remove and reinstall? I have to do mine....

Dave

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang! Blinding! That's nice. Just think what you could do for the paddles on the 3-lever light switch. :)
How are you gonna do the rest of the truck to go with that? It'll take a life time. :)

PS. Since you are coloring the switches, why not swap colors for the "Stop" and "Accessory" controls?
Of course, you'll need to schedule a weekend...he he he

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Man, that looks good. I mean seriously. I thought I was the only one that picky.

I want more pics!!!!

Warren Lovell

Thanks guys!

I unbolted the dash to paint it and stripped it to bare metal and removed all small dents. This is why I am missing the size of the upper bolts that bolt the dash to the cab.

An important note...On dash plaques, use the shortest scxrews permissible as they will interfere with the seating of the dash.

And yes, it makes the rest of the truck look horrible, but in the words of Johnny Cash, "I got it one piece at a time..."

I will post more photos as I progress...you should see the gauges!

Warren

Warren Lovell

The paint I used was PPG Omni AU (acryllic urethane with hardner), The primer I used was DP 40 epoxy primer, sanded to 400 and reprimed with a PPG primer surfacer, again sanded to 600, and sprayed with the Gloss Olive.

If I do my truck like this, I'll do one panel at a time!

Warren

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks