• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce deadlined me, Read the TM

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope and pray that you get better soon!! I have had the misfortune of blocking a few punches with my face/nose. Hurts! alot! Nose has been broken at least four times. (I got better at fighting, really I did! lol) Keep a heads up for infection, that is NOT purty thing to have happen either! GET WELL SOON!!
God bless!
Tony:-D

powerhouseduece

Hey Kevin, you mind doing some Vin #'s for me while your on here? LOL

Sorry about the bad luck, if it makes you feel better I almost knocked my 2 lower teeth out and split my lower lip clean open with a half inch wrachet a few years ago.

Hope you feel better and try and keep the ramblings coming!

Buckeye2000

Good lesson for all but sorry you had to be the test subject.

I learned the lesson a few years ago while doing a lift on my Cherokee but was lucky. I was removing the old coil spring without making sure it was seated in the compressor, and out it came flying past my head. It was loose but still came out real quick. I didn't mess with it for a few days after that. Always heed those warnings.

Get better soon -

G-Force

That's what you get for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong........:doh:
Sorry Carnac, couldn't resist it.....I hope you get better soon.......and rant and ramble on........

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Carnac, man the first thing I thought of when putting the 4 way to the tire hoist a year ago was flashbacks from 3 stooges movies. Whirrrrrr... POW! But no one got hurt in them.

I aint making fun of you, man I hope you get well soon from this accident. Alot of us forget how big and heavy even simple 'little' parts are on these trucks. I'll say some prayers also for yopur recovery, I'm glad you didn't get smashed up worse.

Reminds me of a 'stupid' I did with a shotgun. But I had no one to teach me. I unknowingly put a defective scope on it and had to put my eye right up to the scope tube so I could see... Fortunately the diameter was smaller than the eye socket and bigger than the eye. I felt it slide in, and back out. Funny about things like that, you just experience every gritty detail of the whole darn thing. I had to wear an eye patch for almost a month. The doc couldn't believe the eyeball hadn't popped. Lucky to have good sight. So Lucky. Just lucky I had a Guadrian Angel there. I think you did also.

Take care of yourself, and write some wierd stuff and nasty comments, seein you can get away with it now, the mods been warned. watch the vicodin or whatever (hope you got something better), it'll stop you up. I aint saying take less, just hydrate and take poop pills with it.

Buckeye, about the spring - when I had the front of my 1500 lifted 2" using coil spring spacers to compensate for the ranch hand bumper and the factory 'rake' of the truck, the mechanic used a prybar to hold the front coils from popping out while his helper cranked the jack up. I thought they were crazy and went back to the waiting area.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear about the extra bleeding...when I saw you at the rally, I wasn't sure what happened to you (and know better than to ask people stuff like that). But you looked to be healing pretty well. I'm sure the Dr's told you this but don't lift anything heavy for a while, it really causes extra stress and blood pressure increases slightly.

By the way, ask Gimpy about an A3 spare and the GA Rally!!!!!!..It's a pretty good story

waayfast

Hi-Lift Jacks!! Oh ,Heck yea !!---nothing like knocking yer boogers flat with the ol' Acme Longhandled Lipsplitter!!!Mankinds perfect combination of physics and other-worldly evil!!
Thanks for the heads up! My gasser don't have a spare tire carrier now but thought I would take the one off the old parts truck when I get time.Now I will know to watch out.Take care of yourself!!

Engine5

Sorry to hear about your adventure. Been there done that with the nose breaks, I feel your pain. It is an unbearable pain , I dont care what they put you on for med's it hurt's like heck anyways. I hope you heal quick.
Also, thanks for the lesson. I think we all at one time or another forget the little things that can hurt us or worse.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, What did you do to piss that truck off so bad? She's been kickin' your butt lately! Did you get caught cheatin' with a CUCV or something??? ;-)

Seriously, that's good advice and I hope you feel better and heal quick!

goldneagle

Sorry to hear about your accident. If you are on blood thinners you gotta be extra careful when you are working on these beasts or anything sharp. I am also on blood thinners and it's a pain! Even a nose bleed can kill ya!!!!

I hope you get better soon. :driver:

stumps

Oh My!

I knew something looked wrong with that spare tire winch. Your sad accident just told me what it was. The idiots designed it to be safe going up, but not down!

Oh My!

I am so sorry! I hope you have a swift recovery, but somehow I think you are going to be in recovery mode for quite a while.

-Chuck

pjpiche1

Sorry to hear about your bad day! It happens to the best of us! Just be glad you can still laugh about it. Wish you a speedy recovery!

Been there done that with the broken nose, lots of fun .... NOT.
Did ya get any of those big pink pills ... they don't do much for the pain but you don't give a @#$% hoot about it either.
Get better soon, but for the time being ... better living through pharmaceuticals!

Rick

pooka

Kevin, we don't know each other, but GODS Speed on a quick recovery. I almost feel responsible as I dropped my spare Sun, w/o reading a TM, and just looking at it, I had an epiphany :roll:, DON'T LOOK GOOD, BETTER HOLD ON TIGHT TO WRENCH, usually I'm the guy to get whacked by the "propeller", again, mend up soon!, JMC

scooter01922

Ouch man. I was wondering what happened to you when i saw you at the rally. Wasn't about to say " hi carnac, man you look like crap" though. Nice to hear the backstory. Hope you heal up well and keep the rants comming, rather read your rants than the 17th newbie question of the day. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks