• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce Emergency Lights

Here is my Federal Signal Vision light bar I picked up off craigslist for $40. It came with the brain box and controller. The guy didn't know what he had at all. This could have easily sold for $250+ in it's entirety. He had it wired wrong and it didn't work quite right when I got it. About a hour working with it and I had it working beautiful and reprogrammed for the way I wanted it set up on the deuce. It has probably 60 different flash patterns and a signal master light bar too. I spent another $100 and bought new lenses for it.

Who else is running emergency lights on their deuce and how did you mount them? I plan on making a head ache rack I the front of the bed to mount over the cab. I also have a federal signal solid state flasher to mount front and rear flashers in the grill and bumper. It is also programmable and had 8 different flash patterns.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a 12 volt lightbar?

Yeah no one follows light laws..... And no one enforces them. I was a volunteer firefighter for 8 years and had a old federal signal aerodynic with 6 rotators in it. Supposedly the law is 2 rotators. Also led and strobes are supposed to be illegal too.

Only thing enforced in pa is color. No blue or red allowed unless you are authorized. When I ran with the fire company we all carried certificates from the chief saying who we were what company we ran with and it expired every year.

Amber lights are allowed/required on anything emergency such as tow truck plow trucks slow moving vehicles aka deuce lol.

only thing I might get hassled about is the clear lenses, bu they do have amber filters to the rear so I should be fine.

Tlauden

My Deuce Emergecy Lights

Man, sweet lightbar!! Had one identical on my truck except in blue/white. The PA light law is a big gray area, and as mentioned it's not enforced. When running my deuce on the highways I always have my 8" Amber strobe light on. I want to be as safe as I can running 45 when traffic is going 65+ mph.

As to the mounting, good luck. That lightbar has a decent amount of weight to it. I want to put an edge bar on my truck and I might utilize the post mounts, probably run two up and a cross member to mount the bar on. If you have a hard top you could just bolt it right on.

Here is my setup

Last edited:
I will be getting a hardtop next weekend but I'm not sure that it is going to be a good idea mounting the bar to that. I'm going to try though. My thoughts is going with a modified convoy light setup. Using 2 x 2" poles up then 2"x3"x3/16" angle iron with a gusset underneath. Then I can also use it as a headache rack and hang chains and binders from it too.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I have code 3 mx7000 lights on all my stuff. goes down great at local shows and parades. Also "wolo" fire chief horns for that special sound.
The wrecker has sho-me 17 effects + carson 12 effects. The M54 has whelan + code 3. Rhine tug boat horns. WOLO fire chief + truckmaster horns. The M45 fire truck has siren, carsen, whelen, wolo . Code 3 bars. BELL, All the trucks have the orriginal horns as well. You can see and hear them coming!. beep-beep.

Attachments

Yeah I have the full federal premium vision system with controller and brain box. Has a mic and full sirens. I managed to snag a brand new set of grote truck tone horns off ebay for $40. They will go on the hard top next to the light or on the side of the hood haven't decided yet.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks