• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My deuce, finally done! (for the most part..lol)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yeah, I'd like to see it at the rally as well. I like the shortened bed-has a really modern feel to it.

Cool!

Chinookpilot77

I put in the MRAP seats that I bought through the classifieds here. Made by Global Seating Systems. They tan seats look great inside. The interior is bedlined, though it wasn't belined with the material I wanted to use. The paint shop kinda hosed me. The build portion took me about 4 months worth of weekends....the paint took them almost 6 months...it was a point of contention to be sure.

Over all, I bought the truck july 4th last year, and started tinkering soon there after.

paramedic7831

very nice done crew-cab. Looks like u spent alot of time on the details to. good work looks awesome. I think many of us want to see more on interior and how you transitioned the body work for the crew-cab. I know i am very curious. thx. yup and awesome wife to

asgtoolman

To me ,"THE BUILD" is the exciting part; then the enthusiasm drops and I only pull them out every now and then and always enjoy them, but probably could part with them if I could truely get my money and something for my time out of them.
I know that my next one could be EVEN BETTER, probably at less cost and time, because of the learning curve and knowing who to "GO TO"
It's a magnificent truck you have, but can you imagine what the NEXT one could be like?
SORRY, PROBABLY NOT HELPING YOU!!!

Oilleaker1

Now that is something to take your friends with. I love the short box and quad cab. Very well done. I'm starting to think of another project thanks to you! Chopped deuces are cool, Rat Rod Deuce next???????? I like that idea!

Chinookpilot77

Broman, I may end up putting some insulation up there, I just have kinda run out of steam on the details...now that the build is at 99%, the rest is just gonna have to wait.

I'd honestly like to put chinook soundproofing up....which is just a heavy duty headliner...insulation and sound deadening all in one shot...but they dont give that stuff away. (I would do this to keep the truck 100% military.)

Chinookpilot77

At this point maynard, I really dont know. I doubt anyone on here will want to pay the money that I have in it, and my labor. lol

I'm still not sure if I want to do it or not...every time I drive it, it makes the decision harder, mostly because everyone tells me how **** cool it is lol

maynard83

Well, if you are interested and have a ball park number in mind send me a PM. There are a lot of people I know out here who would be interested as well as some of my family members.

Chinookpilot77

Rich, the bed itself wasn't all that hard to do. I took the M105 and cut the front of it off with a sawzall. I then measured from the tail gate 5 feet, and made another cut with a sawzall. For the coup de grace, I welded the front I cut off back onto the second cut I made. The rest went to the scrap man.

CC, I visited your threads often during the whole process. Wouldn't have been able to figure out the 4 inch split on either side of the cab without it. Thanks for those posts! ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks