• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce is dead :(

dutchguy

There's a lot of posts here that seem to indicate that if that piece breaks, that's a "safety". Don't know how you prepare your waste oil products, but if you get any grit (even really fine dusty stuff) through the filter system, the plunger and associated parts will be the first to go. I bought a new head from Memphis Equipment, I don't know the origins of it (imported?), but cost less than $400. Probably want to make sure your filter system is working well, and flush everything downstream of them first.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
did you run it out of fuel?? that and using other than diesel is VERY hard on the HH and will wear it out in very short time. what you think you are saving on fuel, will cost you in many other ways. i have not had to replace a fuel filter in 15 years, but i use only clean fuel.

BENZTECH

Well everyone thanks for the help and advice in this matter. Eventually after payin a $ 300 tow, and havin someone fab me up a bowtie spacer that looked like crap and i didnt install, paying another 20$ to some welder to fix the original but it cracked when i lightly flexed it , and being depresed and letting it linger a bunch of weeks, I got a PM from i believe gymp if im not mistaken about a source for the spacer and i ordered it for $ 8.19 BRAND NEW and spent about an hours worth of time and replaced it. Me and my good buddy at work fired it up today and ran it a bit and all seems well ! Even actually feels better than it has in a while. Cleaned her up a bit gonna fuel her up with 200$ worth of some god ole no.2 tomorrow and stick with it for a bit. Gonna stay away from WO at least thru the year :) Thanks again everyone a bunch! The piston was binding in the up position and not returning at first but my more paitent buddy took the time to really make it perfect. Lookin foward to the upcoming st pattys day parade and thought of "For Sale" are a distant memory. Ill see ya all around the forum. Good luck with all you babys everyone !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I do believe I sent you that info, it was the least I could do since I didn't have one to send ya. Glad she is running again and NOT going to be sold.