• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce is pulling a BP and Exxon Valdez at the same time in my yard

So my Deuce is leaking some oil. It started when I first changed the oil a few months back. Torqued everything down, fired it up, oil came pouring out around the ring between the bolt head and the top of the oil canister. Torqued it down a little bit more and it looked like the problem was solved.

Well, its started leaking a bit around the bottom of the oil canister now, where the canister meets the engine. There is only supposed to be one rubber o-ring that seals that up, correct?

So today I pulled the canister off, of course a quart of oil goes dumping all over the injector pump when I remove the canister since I had to start it to move it across the yard. Re-seated the canister and torqued it back down. Started the engine, and of course it spits oil out at the very top again.

So, here are my questions:

1. What can I use to make/where can I get the copper-looking o-ring that goes between the canister and the bolt that holds it down?

2. There is just supposed to be one o-ring that makes a seal between the bottom of the canister and the engine, right?

3. Is there some bolt to remove to drain the canisters so I don't dump oil everywhere I try to remove the canisters shortly after having run the engine?
I noticed a bolt with a large head (larger than the one on top of the canisters) directly between and below the two canisters. But it looked like removing this one would dump oil all over the injector pump anyway, so I might as well just pull off the canister.

4. Am I fighting a losing battle here, should I just go get the spin-on adapters? That would hurt the wallet right now though.

Thanks for any help, and hope that ya'll are having a happy 4th.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you replace the o-ring, or re-use the old o-ring? If you didn't replace the o-ring, you need to replace it. Once an o-ring is deformed when making a seal, it needs to be replaced as it almost always leaks.

When I got the new oil filters they came with a couple different o-rings (not sure why it came with more than 1, I guess they are for different applications), I did replace the one that seals between the bottom of the filter canister and the engine.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got my kit from SS member Westfolk.

Got them installed on the M275 while changing the oil.

Everything fit perfect and not drips, runs or errors.

I have replaced the primary fuel filter with one of his spin on kits and am waiting on the secondary kits.

Spin ons rock.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The spin on kits will fix the problem but be sure you put the gaskets on as instructed. Probably just a terminology issue but the cannister filters don't use any o-rings, both are flat gaskets.