• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce (pics)

Prod

Picked this guy up on Sept 16th and I've been lurking. I realized I forgot to post it up!

1967 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2

Runs great. One of the front wheel studs was sheered off when I got it. Looks like the rest of the lugs are on there properly. I bought a new stud, but I still need to upgrade my tool set to do the job. Aside from that, one brake light is out (the tail light works though), and one front turn signal was initially intermittent but now appears to be out. Oil level is good, but it's pretty dark so I want to change that too.

Heavysteven

Truck looks to be in good shape. Congratulations sounds like a strong runner. If some of that CARC starts flaking buy some Rapco CARC Brown substitute to touch up.

I saw a member with a whole box of those light bulbs. If the bulb is good in the turn signal this could mean your turn signal box needs/flesher unit (what's it called flashed thingy) needs to be replaced.

cornrichard

Good looking truck! I use a ball joint press to push out wheel studs. It works better than beating stuff with a hammer. If you are lucky they will loan you one at the auto parts store. You probably know already, but there are right and left hand threads on the deuce wheel lugs. The ends of the studs are marked. You may have to chip some paint to find the mark. Just trying to save a new guy from the same mistake I made.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you are not sure when the oil was changed last, go ahead and change it. I will tell you that the multifuel motors(and diesels in general) will blacken your oil pretty quick. Welcome to the club!

Ronbo

Yep Nice truck.. They are great vehicles.. And Dblankenbaker I'm also trying to get a Bobbed , I'm listing trucks , Motorcycles and guns for sale just to get one. BUt I'll also keep my standard Deuce...