• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my deuce story,and .02

Lee Alessi

we got to alexandria, la at 0930. pulled the parts truck put and found:
1) pioneer tool rack on it!
2) complete soft top bows!
3) air shift transfer (i knew it had that)

josh pulls the air shift out with a transmission jack (NOTE: that does not work... a deuce transfer is almost straight up and down, but canted enough to not balance and fall over) and i pull all the air lines and fittings. also the speedometer cable was IMPOSSIBLE to free, resulting in its destructon.

terry newton, a friend of mine is helping josh, when josh kicks the muffler out of the way and in less than a second ripped terry's ENTIRE thumbnail off! terry never flinched. kind of nausiating. i can watch a gutshot/headshot victim but the thumbnail bothered me....

back to work.

we break for lunch.

we pull my deuce in and drop the sprag transfer. we start bolting up the other stuff. and realize again the speedometer cable nut is seized. destroy another one. we pinched the fuel line and had to replace it. finally get on the road about 2230. i picked up 2 900x20's for a friend and 2 additional 1100 x 20's for me 9i have a total of 13 now). he also gave me a NOS winterfront cover!!!! i also have troop seats AND cargo bows and corners!

we get on the road and i realize i have marginal brakes, after about TEN pumps. i drive 130 miles at about 55-60mph and we get home.

today josh, terry, and i are very sore and miscellaneous bruises....

josh and i bleed the master cylender (thanks to josh for an easy way) and replace old dot5 that looks like gear oil with fresh dot 5. now you cant push the pedal more than 1/2 and the brakes REALLY grab.

things i need to do:
try and fix various leaks.
adjust the pto lever so i can replace the pto lockout hinge
buy a vinyl green top
swap a dropside bed on
try and shim the very aggravating ebrake clatter
replace the ebrake lever to a new style one
try and figure out why the air ride seat bottoms out with 275#. shim or adjust it.
paint it USMC green and mark it.

another 80 miles on it today, with getting cut off once, a LOUD airhorn blast and he stopped!

i have the "d" turbo, so no whine......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks