• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce!

GrizzlyEater

It's been a little while since I've posted. I was able to secure a canvas and bows for the truck. Just recently my dad and I took the truck on the 200 mile round trip up to deer camp! What an adventure! The way up wasn't so bad, but the blizzard on the way home was horrible. Learned a few things.... don't honk the horn when it's freezing out or it'll get froze open and bring a roll of paper towels with. First thing in the spring will be to replace all air lines to to the wipers along with new clamps. Other than that trip went flawlessly! Felt so blessed with meat on the pole, dream truck parked and my loving family waiting for me back home.

20141102_150532 (2).jpg20141102_155238 (2).jpg20141107_122412 (2).jpg20141110_085909 (2).jpg20141110_140504 (2).jpg

rustystud

It's been a little while since I've posted. I was able to secure a canvas and bows for the truck. Just recently my dad and I took the truck on the 200 mile round trip up to deer camp! What an adventure! The way up wasn't so bad, but the blizzard on the way home was horrible. Learned a few things.... don't honk the horn when it's freezing out or it'll get froze open and bring a roll of paper towels with. First thing in the spring will be to replace all air lines to to the wipers along with new clamps. Other than that trip went flawlessly! Felt so blessed with meat on the pole, dream truck parked and my loving family waiting for me back home.

View attachment 527367View attachment 527368View attachment 527369View attachment 527370View attachment 527371
Remember to drain your air tanks daily . Especially when it's freezing outside.

GrizzlyEater

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lapse in posts. However I didn't do a whole lot over the winter. This spring the kids begged me to pick them up on the last day of school in the truck, I couldn't resist an opportunity to turn some heads and give the kids a great big smile!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Then all of my Sunday's in June were filled with landscaping my grandparents back yard. image.jpg

GrizzlyEater

Yesterday however I did quite a bit. First I changed the oil, first time for me. Now I know for sure when it was done last. Don't have the spin ons yet, will probably put those on next oil change. Glad I re-read the TM's and opened the back plug first then did the front (not having to switch buckets half way through was awesome)! I used NAPA filters part #1133 and Rotella 15/40. I then washed/scrubbed all the tires and wheels then wire brushed the front wheels and rattle canned all six outside wheels. Polished the tires up a bit with some armor all. Hoping still this summer to hurculine the bed and re-do the troop seats also get new hoses and clamps for the wipers. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Oh, I was playing around on Google maps the other day, and check this outimage.jpg.
:p

GrizzlyEater

So the passenger door handle wouldn't open from the outside, it's been bugging me for a while also it was vertical instead of horizontal. Did a quick search and found this amazing thread on how to fix it http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?12636-How-to-fix-inop-outside-door-handles perfect explanation and pictures. I'm a bigger guy with larger forearms, as I was solo had to force my arms up the access panel (3 hours later dents in my arm are now just red lines) As this was my first time digging into the door it was a little tough getting the mechanism out. Fixing the tab was easy and putting everything back together went super slick. Took the truck out for a nice Sunday drive. It's so hot out though so had to keep driving or I'd start sweating immediately! The truck ran great and never got over 180 degrees. After the oil change last week I did notice on the oil filter canister just a little wet area on the bottom but no dripping, also smelled a little of either heavy weight oil or grease. I'm assuming I didn't get all my mess wiped off. Other than that I'm not sure what project to start next either sanding and filling the gaps in the troop seats or getting the bedliner applied.......... I figured after those two projects are done then I'll repaint the entire truck, then re-cover the cab seats. I've searched threads on paint and haven't figured out which paint I'll get. I'll stick with the 3 color camo and probably roll it on. I really do love my truck, just wish I had more time and money!!

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks