• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce!

EF-5

Bought my deuce from a guy in Morrison, TN last week and drove it almost 230 miles back to Atlanta, GA. She drove wonderful, even in the pouring rain! Just started a little restoration work. She's insured and ready to go. The odometer reads a little less than 17,000 miles. Its a soft top, but has an immaculate bed and the heater works great!

Let me know what you guys think of her!

Attachments

RetiredNavy

Congrats on the purchase. How much did you give the previous owner, if you dont mind me asking. I am taking my time looking around and will get one soon.

EF-5

Thanks Mikey for the info! Yeah I hear that a lot about the odometers, however I would like to believe it lol :wink:

mikey

Thanks Mikey for the info! Yeah I hear that a lot about the odometers, however I would like to believe it lol :wink:
youre welcome!

first, the price is pretty good, congrats on that...

At a quick glance I see three things...

I do see DRMO on the hood, so this guy is most likely flipping the truck from GL... did you get a title? thats very important...

If you don't have a spare tire in the bed, you should get a spare. They shouldn't cost you much at all.

You should consider getting front tow shackles... Not urgent, but always good to have..

good luck

mikey

EF-5

Yeah I noticed the white lettering and figured he was flipping it from somewhere lol. He did have a title but lowered the price since it wasn't essential for registering it in Georgia. I'm not going to lie I held my breath the whole way home from TN, but was very grateful that she made it home. No problems yet. My dad drove a lot of them during his time of service and he believes it's a good one. It looks good to me so I hope he is right [thumbzup]

Thanks for your reply!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

ryker725

Congrats!! I bought mine from a dealer who flips them from GL auctions as well, but he also does the leg work in getting the State Police inspection PW and when he sells it to someone, it is road worthy and everything works. I paid $3,500 for mine so you got a good deal.. Keep it running and it will never go down in value.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome from another GA. MVer, are you in Atlanta it self, or the suburbs

91W350

That is a nice looking rig, she would fit in quite well around my place. My youngest son could not care less about my deuce. My oldest son wants one, he loves to drive it. I hope you enjoy yours like I do mine!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not sure I would worry too much about a spare, there are 4 of them on the truck already. I would check the bearings and brakes first. I had a bearing go out on the road and it wasn't cheap or fun at ALL. I think you did really well at that price. I certainly wouldn't sell any of mine that low!

EF-5

Thanks for all the views and replies! I am definitely planning on attending the GA rally in October. The guy I bought it from has a mechanic that looks over the truck from head to toe. He put in new batteries, changed the oil, made sure the brakes were in good shape, and verifies that all the gauges work! I am very pleased with it :grin:

It does have some surface rust mainly on the hood and on the front of the cab. I've been sanding and priming for the past few days, but it's starting to look a lot better!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks