• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Deuce

willysmd

Hi All

Went for a trip down to Dover UK with 17 other lads to look at the WW2 tunnels in the Dover cliffs, here is a video of my truck going through a small village on the way to the pub for a well earned drink. Enjoy the sounds.

willysmd

Re: Nice!

micky said:
Your film is in the projector backwards. Thanks. mick
LOL dont forget we drive on the left over here, except on roads like that where it is all of the road we use :D

willysmd

You get used to it, being that big as the truck is not many people tend to argue on these roads, they do give way

FreightTrain

Banned
OH I want that TURBO!......Hmmm,wonder if there is anyone close to that super Green iron junk yard on the SS Tshirts and how much a C turbo would cost to be shipped over this side of the pond......I sure ain't having any luck here.....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, your people ever heard of front yards? Some of those houses come right up to the road's edge. If someone broke down, wow, there'd be no shoulder to pull over on to change a tire, or whatnot. I guess most of the UK drivers are used to it , though...

davesgmc

Hey, My ferret came from a lad over in Kent, UK. Wayne PAge is his name. Dont know much about the guy, just that he bought it and then sent it to the US way back when.

houdel

Damn, your roads suck. Here in the US our lanes are about 12' wide, which seem to be the width of a two lane in the UK! Good luck trying to drive there, love the sound of that "C" turbo regardless! Best regards, Lee

No.2Diesel

Very cool Videos :)

I have a few questions for the Brits:

1.) What is the current price of Diesel per Gallon/Liter over there?
2.) What does "Dozy Pret" and "Bullocks" mean?
3.) Is home heating oil (number two diesel) a common alternate source for you gents or does everyone have natural gas in their homes?
4.) Do you get hassled by the authorities/people for owning and driving a Deuce there? What are vehicle inspections, etc. like over there?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Answer to #4 - I don't think there has to be too much in the way of hassle by the authorities. MVs are everywhere in England, the Ministry of Defense sells armor directly to civilians, without even demilling the cannon barrel, for really fair prices. A lot of people over there own armor, and are even allowed to drive it on the streets just like a normal vehicle. I hardly think an American deuce would draw too much in the way of a second glance.

willysmd

No.2Diesel said:
Very cool Videos :)

I have a few questions for the Brits:

1.) What is the current price of Diesel per Gallon/Liter over there?
2.) What does "Dozy Pret" and "Bullocks" mean?
3.) Is home heating oil (number two diesel) a common alternate source for you gents or does everyone have natural gas in their homes?
4.) Do you get hassled by the authorities/people for owning and driving a Deuce there? What are vehicle inspections, etc. like over there?
1. £4.14/gallon
2. Dozy Prat is a stupid person and Bollocks are your plums/balls excuse the language
3. There are 2 types of heating oil?? one is OK to use and the other is not
4. No hassle whatsoever as long as you keep to the law, drive it anytime you like. and there is no MOT/inspection for my truck as it is a certain age and over a certain weight, and tax free (no road tax)

I hope these answer your questions.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! That's, like, between $7 and $8 a GALLON for diesel! And we think we have it bad over here!

What percentage of that figure is taxes, Mark? Someone should be hung over there for that price!

willysmd

Tax is around the 75 pence in the pound I think, pretty high you have it OK over there and thats why I use a lot of contam topped up with good fuel. Yes someone should be hung but you get used to it. NOT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks