• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my ex USMC M 1046 Humvee is ready!!

Jimmy

You can run MT tires in either direction but they made the tread pattern that way for a reason and that is for additional traction. Tractor tires are made with the same type pattern so they will get traction also. Ask a farmer what happens when you turn the tread pattern backwards. There are times when you need every bit of additional traction available.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Bart,
The axtra armor/ bolts are inside the front fenders to protect the engine, under the door sills, under the hood rubber tie downs, bolted to the inside of the tail gate, and inside the wheels wells to protect the cargo area. If you feel inside these areas you will see extra 1/4 steel plates. This is why they are called up-Armored Hmmwvs. Also dont forget the doors if you haver them..Hope this helps..
Kevin..

Bart

decodeme2 said:
Hey Bart,
The axtra armor/ bolts are inside the front fenders to protect the engine, under the door sills, under the hood rubber tie downs, bolted to the inside of the tail gate, and inside the wheels wells to protect the cargo area. If you feel inside these areas you will see extra 1/4 steel plates. This is why they are called up-Armored Hmmwvs. Also dont forget the doors if you haver them..Hope this helps..
Kevin..
Thanks for the detailed info Kevin.
will check this for SURE.
But it's still in the US, awaiting some additional parts. :wink:
greets
bart

Elwenil

TheHummerguy said:
Just an FYI.....MT series Tires are non-Directional, They can be installed either way.
It just looks better when the tread pattern matches
The MTs I have on my D60s are directional. Granted they are a different size, but they are the same tread and have the rotational direction clearly marked on the sidewall.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Military MT's are NOT directional. While mounting them "the right way" may make them look better and may help with a bit of extra traction, if you mount them "the wrong way" no harm will be done. The Army makes it easy for PVT Joe so he cant screw it up... I asked AM General this when I saw them at a trade show a while back.

TedG

I agree emmado22 for all the new mounted tires I have seen are mount on the rim the same way. Simple.

Interesting note: On my unimog 406's manual, they want the front tires to be "backwards" for off road work. Since the mog has lockers at the axels, it provides similar traction for forward and backward operation...ie getting stuck. As you can see on my mog, I had a brain fart and put the rr on the rf and the rf on the rr when doing a brake inspection...

Again, nice truck Bart and as long as your happy with your truck, do what you want! PS. offer still good on test driving here in the States prior to be containerized!!!

Regards,

Attachments

Bart

TedG said:
I agree emmado22 for all the new mounted tires I have seen are mount on the rim the same way. Simple.

Interesting note: On my unimog 406's manual, they want the front tires to be "backwards" for off road work. Since the mog has lockers at the axels, it provides similar traction for forward and backward operation...ie getting stuck. As you can see on my mog, I had a brain fart and put the rr on the rf and the rf on the rr when doing a brake inspection...

Again, nice truck Bart and as long as your happy with your truck, do what you want! PS. offer still good on test driving here in the States prior to be containerized!!!

Regards,

Thanks Ted, Unimogs are COOL trucks, there are quite a lot in Europe.
see pic below....the YELLOW truck on the right is a Unimog...
is yours a ex mil. veh. too...??
I Only wish I had the time and money to come over to your place with my M 1046 for some serious off roading.....someday Ted when I win the lottery.... :wink:
do you guys have these yellow and red "safety" decals on the MV humvees in the states..??, we have m in Europe and I' ve seen them in Australia.
cheers
bart

Attachments

TedG

Bart,

I sure would like to walk that field of hmmwv's for they are A2's!!! The type I am currently building. Boy, a LOT of my questions would get answered what goes where!

Seeya Bart.

dilvoy

Hey Ted, the A2's are N/A powered. The Humvees in that foto are M1113's and are turbo powered like your Humvee is and I'd shure like to wander around in that field too. :D

Bart

Mouthwatering..

TedG said:
Bart,

I sure would like to walk that field of hmmwv's for they are A2's!!! The type I am currently building. Boy, a LOT of my questions would get answered what goes where!

Seeya Bart.
Indeed Ted, its a mouthwatering pice :shock: , wonder if they are new or used..hard to tell....but I didn't noticed this " funny" (ugly :cry: ) looking front end on YOUR Humvee A 2..??
I' ve seen many A2 's without this additional " nose" ..
or is this specific for the M 1113 / M 1114 models...?? :?: :idea:

TedG

The snout nose look is for the extra large cooling radiator and oil cooler radiation. As Dilvoy stated, an A2 is a non turbo and M1113/M1114 is turbo. I am working on a M1114 with a special forces top but I call it an A2.

Regards,

ElkyRacer

1113= A2 with a turbo, upgraded cooling, and some other tidbits, normally called 'Shelter carriers'. Different frame rails, a-arms, and other small differences vs the A2s
1114= Up-Armored HMMWV, shares lots of the same components with a 1113, cept with lots of armor/weight. Can be slant backs, or wagon style.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks