• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my ex USMC M 1046 Humvee is ready!!

Bart

TedG said:
The snout nose look is for the extra large cooling radiator and oil cooler radiation. As Dilvoy stated, an A2 is a non turbo and M1113/M1114 is turbo. I am working on a M1114 with a special forces top but I call it an A2.

Regards,
thanks Ted, so Your SF M1114 will have the snout nose too then...??
and is AM General still making the "normal" humvee for the military..??
because i've red things about a new vehicle which is V shaped and more mine proof..
and there was an article that AM General cancelled the production of the civilian H 1...
best regards,
bart

Bart

ElkyRacer said:
1113= A2 with a turbo, upgraded cooling, and some other tidbits, normally called 'Shelter carriers'. Different frame rails, a-arms, and other small differences vs the A2s
1114= Up-Armored HMMWV, shares lots of the same components with a 1113, cept with lots of armor/weight. Can be slant backs, or wagon style.
very interesting, thanks for that. :!:
does the military also have humvees with the Central Tyre Inflation system..?? :?:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VERY VERY FEW US military humvees have CTIS on them. The GMV's usually do, but other than those, not many others have them. CTIS usually never works correctly, and they leak air.

ElkyRacer

And yes, AMG is still producing HMMWVs in various forms for the US Military.

All of the A2s have the provisions in the hubs to run the CTIS, but not even the 1114s have been running CTIS. We had a few mid to late 90s models come in for re-builds that had the lines run for the CTIS, but were never hooked up.

Bart

ElkyRacer said:
And yes, AMG is still producing HMMWVs in various forms for the US Military.

All of the A2s have the provisions in the hubs to run the CTIS, but not even the 1114s have been running CTIS. We had a few mid to late 90s models come in for re-builds that had the lines run for the CTIS, but were never hooked up.
Good to know, thanks for the information. 8)

Bart

emmado22 said:
VERY VERY FEW US military humvees have CTIS on them. The GMV's usually do, but other than those, not many others have them. CTIS usually never works correctly, and they leak air.
thanks, I alway's thought CTIS was THE system to have...
and what are GMV's...?? (sorry I'm new here...., I know MV but never heard of GMV....) :oops:

thebiggourdhead

Awesome job Sarge. I, too am former marine and have the similar model out of Quantico. I am looking for a winch which is the only thing I'm missing. Funny, mine was originally desert tan but I prefer the camo. Any help on the winch would be greatly appreciated.
thebiggourdhead
Gunny

Attachments

Bart

Awesome job Sarge. I, too am former marine and have the similar model out of Quantico. I am looking for a winch which is the only thing I'm missing. Funny, mine was originally desert tan but I prefer the camo. Any help on the winch would be greatly appreciated.
thebiggourdhead
Gunny

Thx Gunny !
try Blair Outlan at: www.usedh1.com for details /parts on a winch.
my winch was "standard" on the M 1046
It looks I have to purchase a CAMO as well... ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks