• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My fan

charlietango

More info (maybe weirdness) Cadillac valve plugged in, deff a hissing sound, unplugged hissing goes away. Also unplugged it will not cool down from 200. Just idling in the driveway, hood up, valve unplugged....nothing lower than 200. Also I can put my hand on the radiator, it's warm....but not enough for me to want to remove it. Almost leaning towards thermostat now. Shouldn't the fan make it go below 200...unless the water wasn't circulating?
Tap your gauge hard with your finger. Mine moves to a different temp. My M925 runs out of diesel at 1/4 tank. My voltage meter shows neutral even though I meter and it’s charging perfectly. Your fan works, unplugged Cadillac proves that. I’d say you’re just running a nice calm temp and the truck is happy.

Idle it up, lock the throttle on a high rpm for 10 mins with all your accessories on - might hear the fan kick in. Mine did yesterday slaving the M925 and it’s cool outside (1 degree Celsius)

Don’t trust gauges. Period.

DCIV

I just went outside- vehicle off fan will not spin. kzeyus is correct here. I don’t think you have any problems to worry about. Time for a beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you for checking! This entire time I was just thinking, man wish there was another one close I could go check. Probably just over analyzing it as I can't really drive it yet. Just seems odd that so many say their temps go up and down and my fan NEVER turns on unless I unplug the solenoid.

papakb

There is a very good flow chart for fan circuitry problems in the -20 manuals that will get you to the source of your problem. The -20 manuals are good references for about 90% of the problems your going to have with your vehicle. Where they tend to be weak is in areas where components have changed, like the control boxes because it's hard to tell if your manual matches your truck in that area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks