• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My final m1028 project

SPCWarning

I'd still like to see a CUCV long bed STEPSIDE created.
I like that look also. I googled some longbed Chevy's and for sure 1980 Chevy's were available in longbed stepside, possibly more year models from the 80's. Maybe you can find a bed if you dig deep enough on the web. Finding one seems much harder than actually making the swap. If someone does this swap please post pictures!

CPAPPY

Took this morning to paint some more parts . I still need to paint the other side of the doors and the fenders, that will have to wait for another day . I still have a few part to paint door hinges, tailgate. Well I Need to get back other there to do some more work . :cookoo::cookoo:

Attachments

nattieleather

Most be warmer in souther OH. It's only mid 50s in Cleveburg...to cold to paint. Truck is looking real good. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

CPAPPY

Temp . is 75 deg. now. I dont mind painting when it is 55deg. plus . The paint lays down real flat / smooth . I really like this waterborne paint from Sherwin Williams .

CPAPPY

Moved truck into garage last week Was that fun, had to remove the front wheels and leave the jack under the axle and push it in with the backhoe .The truck just barely fit under the garage door by about a inch.
Did the Doghead starter relay modification today, Work well. SPECIAL THANKS TO DOGHEAD :grin: Also mounted both doors and radiator assy. Mounted shocks and longer brake lines. Will mount fender tomorrow.

Attachments

CPAPPY

Well started putting the fenders on Friday and ended up denting the door and the fender trying to tweak them in some.:cry: Should have left them alone but I couldn't resist. So I have fixed the door and fender and repainted them Sunday morning , might put fender on tonight if I dont fall asleep . Buzz thats why I took a picture with my daughter and pup to show how high the truck sits. That is a 6"lift on rear and 8" superlift on front . Truck sit up in the back by about 1/4" just what I wanted.

Also thanks everyone for the compliment .

CPAPPY

Nice work. You mentioned Sherwin-Williams. What line of paint is it? Cost?

Sherwin Williams waterborne polyurethane chemical agent resistant coating
(CARC)

MIL. DTL-64159 TYPE 2 1 Gal of paint runs about $90.00 part B Catalyst
$ 47.00 and to thin you use distilled water.

2 parts of paint / 1 part catalyst / .5 part distilled water

Clean up is just water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks