• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My final m1028 project

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the response. Amazing work...!

I give you 1 rep point and two thumbs up for your perseverance and ingenuity on a job well done...![thumbzup][thumbzup]

hokie8358

crappy i ve talk to you before in the past about painting the camo scheme,and design. also what paint and how to spray. but after seeing this masterpiece, WOW i am totally shocked at how thw flat olive turned out!! this is an amazing resto project FROM A-Z, TOP TO BOTTOM!! this is a work of art from the CUCV GODS!!! you have my thumbs up! love it one for the record books!:grd:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
detail

Come on David that not true , you restore nice trucks. I just wish I had the knowledge that you have on these trucks. I cant wait to get it all together and start driving it. :jumpin:

Ok, I know my stuff is not crap. :razz: Some things you have done I see are better than what I have done and some things I do that you have not done. Your attention to detail on the engine and suspension are super! I love the exhaust! Is is single 3 inch?

David

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
exhaust

Dave it is a 3" single exhaust . Ok Dave I give up what else do I need to do .

:drool: Your stuff is awesome! Only reason I saw it is because you took the interior pics from down low (or maybe the truck is high) I paint the gas, brake and e-brake pedals, paint the heater vents and duct work black under the middle of the dash. Mask off the dash insert and paint the border silver along with the "custom deluxe" badge. Are you going to put the warning stickers ect. on the dash? I think it helps break up the green paint and add some color inside.:beer:

Little stuff really, overall I think its a very high quality job one of the best by anybody ever!!:grd:

David

CPAPPY

Dave the truck sits high , I didn't catch the things you saw. I will touch up theses
areas . As far as the warning stickers I have no idea where to get some of theses stickers.
If you give me a vendor for some of these stickers I would appreciate it.

Also thanks for the complement.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter

CPAPPY, you can get the stencils here: Caution & Warning Decals

Like I said the job you have done on your truck AWESOME, and the things I saw were VERY small to the over all resto job you have done. We are all here to help grow the hobby and help each other on our trucks! :beer:

David

CPAPPY

Sunlight for the first time

Here is a picture as of now . More pictures to come, still have more to do just some little things . Drove it to work today ride nice was surprised with the tires . Need to work on shift points 2nd gear about 35 mph 3rd about 45 mph .

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would you ask for the truck if you sold it tomorow..? I still have a client looking for a cherry M-1028 after driving mine for a week.

Have you given any thought to a set of rock sliders from Shakem-Deep..?
That would be the icing on the cake.

Attachments