• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My final m1028 project

CPAPPY

Bed

Here are some more pictures , finished primering the bed and blocking it in . Started painting bed and it started raining for a few, so I stopped and covered it again. Saturday should be a good day to paint .

hotdogs151a2

Mr. CPAPPY:
Do you get in trouble with the stains on the concrete driveway like me? I/we really enjoy your restoration thread. The pictures are great and your quality of workmanship is top notch.
Thank you Sir.
Pvt. Hotdog

CPAPPY

760gamemaster glad to hear from you, That truck I sold you should last another 20+ years and the camo paint job did turn out good . I am glad to hear that your still happy with the truck.

hotdogs151a2 Yes I get in trouble for the stains, I keep telling my wife that I will clean it up when I am finished . And thanks for the comment I try to do the best I can .

ranchhopper

Nice job I used to do frame up restos too until it got old like a full time job so I started doing deuces to break up the monotony of the work now I just drive them the way they are and enjoy the great work like your self and others do keep it up.

Have you considered upgrading your steering to crossover type? It will take care of the frame cracking flaw mentioned earlier, and also gives you full control when you hit a deep hole or ridge on one side of the vehicle when you are offroading. If you are interested, PM me and I can give you the list of materials from the mods I did on one of my M1028s last year.

SPCWarning

NICE !! I just hope my 1009 will look half that good when I finish. When you get it finished it will be BETTER than new! Thanks for the photos and thanks for sharing this build. Excellent job!

chupa

Hey gamemaster, I bought my M1028 from CPAPPY too! Looked exactly like yours when I got received it. I've added a lot of add-ons since last Jan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks