• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Fire Departments Deuce

kfdk14

Now that's a serious truck too bad it doesn't get that much use, we use the heck out of ours and our a3. I prefer the 5 ton in my avatar though:-D. Parked next to the 5 ton is our new delivery not even in service yet 2010 Freightliner/ E-One 1000gal 1250 pump top mount.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did anyone else notice that truck is a dropside with a winch? Wonder if it is factory. Very rare if so.

Welcome to the forum, pyro!

pyrogod117

Seafire - I don't know what year/make it is and I doubt my department knows or cares. Is there a plate on it somewhere that will tell me?

kdfk14 - Nice new toy. My entire department aside from our ancient tanker, the brush trucks, and the deuce is all Pierce. We have a rescue pumper, 3 attack pumpers, and the new ladder. If you count everything we have, including the substation, we have 12 vehicles. 9 of them are fire trucks.

clinto - Thanks for the welcome, and sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seafire - I don't know what year/make it is and I doubt my department knows or cares. Is there a plate on it somewhere that will tell me?

kdfk14 - Nice new toy. My entire department aside from our ancient tanker, the brush trucks, and the deuce is all Pierce. We have a rescue pumper, 3 attack pumpers, and the new ladder. If you count everything we have, including the substation, we have 12 vehicles. 9 of them are fire trucks.

clinto - Thanks for the welcome, and sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.
Check the data plates on the passenger side dashboard. The weights and measurements plate should say M35A2C w/w. On the plate with all the stamped numbers search for the NSN (national stock number); if it is a factory original dropside with winch, the NSN will end in 0875.

If so, offer $2k and buy the darn thing!

pwrwagonfire

Im a firefighter 1 for our state forest service....here's one of our beefed up "brush-breakers"

Had a couple of 'em re-built by a firetruck company awhile back
Good to see another firefighter/deuce lover on here, welcome!

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sure looks like a BEAST in a CAGE to me.... If you do acquire it, you could offer it up for rent for the next Hollywood production featuring NYC in some sort of disaster..... but my mind wanders now.

BTW:
The west Texas Detachment of Steel Soldiers welcomes you aboard:!:

Now that's a serious truck too bad it doesn't get that much use, we use the heck out of ours and our a3. I prefer the 5 ton in my avatar though:-D. Parked next to the 5 ton is our new delivery not even in service yet 2010 Freightliner/ E-One 1000gal 1250 pump top mount.
Not trying to dis your truck but I have had nothing but problems with every E-one Ive ever had to operate. From every kind of electrical to baffled tanks whos baffles broke loose and the tank bulged out. Its funny E-one's plant is close by but most fire departments around here run pierce and used to run American LaFrance before they went under. Nice truck though hope it give you years of trouble free operation.

pyrogod117

pwrwagonfire - That is one beast of a truck. It makes me want to build a cage around a deuce when I finally get one.

I really want my department to let me drive their deuce, but I doubt they will. Just to drive the regular trucks you have to be there for at least 5 years. Even after that they take another 2 years or so to get you trained on all the trucks.

BTW here are the pics of the ID plates, although they screwed some big circle thing into it and I still have no idea what it is for.

Attachments

Last edited: