• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first 5-ton purchase from GL

Stan

RE: Re: My first 5-ton purchase from GL

Nice catch, We're starting to get a decent handful of Missourians on here. Just where are you and your truck. If you need a hand let me know if close no problem. Good luck

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: My first 5-ton purchase from GL

The 809 series trucks are great. One issue that seems to come up with some frequency is a gummed up sprag control mechanism. If you are driving it home, make sure that when you are going from 1 to R you hear a thunk. That is the sprag control valve/piston working. When I picked my 818 up, the sprag was stuck in reverse and I had to pull my front drive shaft to get it home. If you are going forward or reverse and the drive-line winds up and goes pop or thunk every so often, the sprag is stuck. Before removing the drive-shaft, jack one front tire off the ground top relieve any wind-up. If you don't, the drive-shaft might break your arm or worse.

Good luck and keep us posted!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks