• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first 5-ton

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Cab will, trans won't. It might fit with an adapter plate, as it IS a multifuel, but why go with a weaker trans to replace a broke one?

Corey

If I keep this truck and fix it up, one of the rear axles will be removed and the rear suspension changed. It will never haul more then 6000lbs. A transmission out of a 2.5 ton will do if it will work, and they are easier to find around here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think it SHOULD bolt up rather easily, but the output and sprag connections to the Tcase might cause trouble(way different bolt flanges). Might want to see what the other kids have to say.

oilcan

I wouldn't even think of it as an option, but that's just me. The 3053A is kinda weak for the 2 1/2 ton trucks...
Plus you'll probably have more money into gathering extra parts and modifying everything to use that little transmission than just doing it right in the first place.

bigkaiser

Corey,
I have to ask because that truck in your avatar looks very familiar, did you sell it to a guy named Barry? He had it up here in Skagit Valley for a few years if so.

Corey

Hopefully I can find another 5ton trans and do it right, there are not alot of good used M52 parts locally.

I sold the '41 Chevy to a guy north af Seattle somewhere. He was an old guy that was into straight 6 performance parts and engines. That is all I remember. Did he fix it up?

Last edited:

bigelk50

Corey I know where there is a M52 sitting. Does not currently run guy would sell cheap. you would have to haul up to your place in Wa.

bigkaiser

Corey,
Yep same guy and now a good friend of mine. I bought that truck in order to get it into the hands of a collector and it ended up going to another friend in British Columbia who had been looking for that exact and very rare truck for years and is going to restore it as a radio truck. Very cool rig!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks