• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first army truck and it BIG

My first army truck and it BIG (A SAD DAY)

Hi boys and girls, I'm posting up some pictures of my new m810, well new to me. I know we are going to keep the hard wood floor in it, I'm making nick clean it up and refinish it. Some of the cabinets are staying but, we will be making some room for the bunk beds nick wants to put in the very front for use and the girls (Queen on the bottom and twin bed on top). I'm hoping he can squeeze a stand up shower in there (keeping figures crossed). He says he's going to put 11-20 tires on it I think, he said it would be the height of Augiydoggs truck, but i wish it was the height of 212sparky's truck that was much easier to get right up in too. I told him he would have to add an extra step on the bottom for me to get in to in, I got short legs compared to him, I need the extra step. I told him i wanted it to be an auto just like my truck and he said its going to be a couple years, but that it was doable. So that's the general feel of it for now. Oh and that he has to have the in side done by the next Haspen Rally, as long as it runs and is dry and weather tight I'm happy. Paint can be touched up with spray paint for now I want it drive-able and livable first.

Any how I am wanting Your guys help in choosing weather I keep the truck all tan, desert camo tan or go green. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
We are thinking of olive drab ta the darkest I don't want to have that box acking like an easy bake oven when I'm in side sleeping or napping or the kids are napping. I just dont think that little A.C. unit could keep up. I'm voting for desert camo (tan, brown, black) and to match my m818s wood land camo (o.d., brown, and black). Maybe strait tan, seems a little dole.

Attachments

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

October 19th, 2011.

I might suggest retaining the 686A Tan, as you will find it is a lot cooler in the sun then any variation of OD green and you will want to stay away from any black or dark browns on the roofs. The 686A Tan on my deuce was always cooler then the OD green on my Unimog in the Texas sun, and that is a pretty good test of heat absorption. Just an opinion based on experience.2centsfat lady sings

augiedoggy

Cool rig Aubrey!
I like the tan too. What if Nick painted just the top (of the box)silver for more heat reflecting. top wouldn't be visable unless steel soldiers take to the air!

:beer:

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

just curiouse..where have the "other" two wheels gone? Did you purchase it like that? and what size tires are on the truck now? also does it have the cummins engine it..

91W350

just curiouse..where have the "other" two wheels gone? Did you purchase it like that? and what size tires are on the truck now? also does it have the cummins engine it..
They are in the box, the tires were ruined, large rotted holes. When we pulled it off the lot, they we're chunking out bad. This is a very unusual five ton. I HOPE they save it..I never saw another and can only find a photo of one. Glen

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
augiedoggy Has the right idea about the top. You might even consider
getting some of that thick white or silver membrain that you can order to fit
and then fit some aluminum angle like molding around the edge wich can then be
painted tan to match the sides. This will give you an added layer of insulation and
good waterproofing seal. Like was said, unless SS goes airborn, no one except you will know.

You are one lucky gal to have that rig! I am totally jealous.
Bruce

RealCavDog

They are in the box, the tires were ruined, large rotted holes. When we pulled it off the lot, they we're chunking out bad. This is a very unusual five ton. I HOPE they save it..I never saw another and can only find a photo of one. Glen
Glen, I am surprised you decided to turn loose of it, being as odd and rare as it appears that it is, but looks like it is headed for a great home !

Any time you can get the Misses to be involved, it is many times more fun and rewarding !

Will be great to see the progress of it as you guys work it over ! And as much as I truly LOVE Woodland Camo 3-color, being in the Ozarks, it can be high maintenance ! Plus I can really see the benefit of the tan for the use it will be built for, as the prior posts have some very great points !

Jay

212sparky

That is a Sweet rig!! I cant wait to see it at Haspin next year. I would go tan, the cooler the better. if you like the height of my truck i will trade you, straight up.

91W350

Hey Jay, that thing has been calling my name since Pete bought it. Right now were have five trucks to steal or swap parts from. I think we have enough to make it very solid. The box is surprisingly good, the hardwood flooring is beautiful. I still have the Dodge to finish and I have some plans for my 71, it would be six years before I got that M810 respectable.... It is definitely cool, short wheelbase five ton! Glen

augiedoggy

That is a Sweet rig!! I cant wait to see it at Haspin next year. I would go tan, the cooler the better. if you like the height of my truck i will trade you, straight up.

We need to get that M810 out on some haspin trails that would really clear the path of limbs and small trees with that big box on 'er. lol

Danger Ranger

I wanna hear some more on this truck....fat lady sings
engine?
specs?
why is it in such rough-looking shape, is there a story behind it?
It was a comm box right? or something else....
It looks awesome, and done right, I think it would be sweet!!!