• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First CUCV

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just made high bid on my first 1009. Now comes the first experience with an EUC, SF-97, picking up a vehicle on post...

My CUCV.jpg

So I don't get flamed for :nopics
I added the lame GL picture.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is red ribbon tape on the grill it seams here latey I am over there every monday this past Monday three boys from Mississippi were there picking up M1009 no keys the guy from GL said people come look at them take the key think they are going to win the truck and then don't but anyway I all ways have keys so I gave then 2 . So make sure you take a key if you don't have one PM me and I will put one in the mail free.

HardCorps79

Congratulations on the win. I was hoping to win one out of Jefferson City, MO but the prices went through the roof.
Yes they did! I had hoped to sneak one for right at or below $2k. No such luck. I managed to get mine for a ways under $3k, but I saw a couple get downright ridiculous! Upwards of $4k- guess those sliding side windows were a big hit.

Incidentally, though I've driven these and humvees on the job and done some basic maintenance on them, this is my first MV for a POV, too.

Semper Fi

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Appalacious, they sell Garands? What other rifles? Kinda like to have an M1 Carbine.
Sorry for the hijack.

Cancel that, google is my friend

Last edited:

mistaken1

Yes they did! I had hoped to sneak one for right at or below $2k. No such luck. I managed to get mine for a ways under $3k, but I saw a couple get downright ridiculous! Upwards of $4k- guess those sliding side windows were a big hit.

Incidentally, though I've driven these and humvees on the job and done some basic maintenance on them, this is my first MV for a POV, too.

Semper Fi

Congratulations on the win. Are you going to drive it home?

There are more coming up so I will try again.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The EUC trials continue. I emailed it last Friday and recieved an email back that they got it. As of Tuesday still said waiting submission so I got on the Live Chat. I was told to give it 72 hours. As of today still pending submission. Got on Live Chat again and now they say they hadn't recieved it. Emailed it again and the Live Chat operator stayed on until she could confirm that it was there. She said she was going to personally get it to the appropriate EUC person so we'll see.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, got a note for EUC revisions at 4:30 Central Time. Completed them and emailed back to EUC handler and we'll see. Seven days and counting.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't worry, they have the EUC's in high gear at Battle Creek. Did you see all the deuce and a halfs coming up at Ft Sam? They are right out of the TXNG. Can you preview them and let the world know? They look tasty.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning to head out there on Monday. There is also a TX State Auction supposedly sometime this month and they have several including an A3 which I'm interested in. Last time they had an auction out there a guy bought a deuce for $300 and DROVE it straight to a crusher.

Bettendorf

My recent history for a CUCV.

Submission of EUC Pending 12/29/2008
EUC revisions requested from Customer 01/07/2009

EUC sent to Battle Creek 01/09/2009
Problem Report Sent to Customer 01/19/2009
Problem Report Resolution Returned to Battle Creek 01/19/2009
Approved 02/05/2009
Customer notified 02/05/2009

You don't have much longer to wait.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EUC has cleared! Here is the progression:

Status Date
Submission of EUC Pending 01/29/2009
EUC revisions requested from Customer 02/06/2009
EUC sent to Battle Creek 02/09/2009
Approved 02/20/2009
Customer Notified 02/20/2009

Basically 22 days from start to finish so I guess that's better than some of the horror stories we've seen. So I guess it's off to AL next week and hope she can make 900 miles home then another 500 round trip to Ft Bliss to pick up my MEP003A.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks