• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce! 1967 AMG M35A2

bonedoc

Hello everyone, well I'm stoked to say I'm getting my first deuce. I purchased it from forum member, Ford Mechanic, and I plan on making the recovery trip to retrieve it from North Carolina to Pennsylvania the weekend of May 31 and June 1.

It is a 1967 AMG M35A2 with a dropside bed. It has a whistler turbo and was overhauled last in 1988. It is already singled out with the rear hubs flipped and has 395 Goodyear MVTs on A3 rims.

The truck has had a lot of work already done by the member who owned it prior to me.

All fluids have been changed, all wheel bearings repacked, axle seals and boots replaced, hubs flipped, brakes are all adjusted- wheel cylinders rebuilt/replaced, master cylinder rebuilt, spin on oil filters, Donaldson muffler, fuel injectors removed, cleaned and recalibrated, cooling system flushed, new hoses, man the list goes on. Bottomline, all the big stuff has been done.
The truck also comes with a bunch of extras. Hardtop, 2- sets of troop seats, extra windshield, other miscellaneous parts.

Truck has a few minor things,
1. air wipers don't work that smooth, no worries recently purchased a NOS electric wiper kit so that conversion is on the list.
2. front pinion seal seeps, easy fix, plus I plan on installing lock out hubs.
3. speedometer cable case has a split at the trans end that drips a little fluid- have a replacement to throw in.

That is pretty much it. The truck doesn't have heat either but I ordered a NOS hot water heat system that I'll mount in the cab under the dash.

I'm stoked and the next few weeks will be the longest of my life...LOL!! I'm driving down to North Carolina with a friend of mine and a car full of tools and fluids. Then going to drive it home. Hopefully the maiden voyage will be uneventful and all the overhauling the truck has seen will pay off. I would like to thank all members who saw that was looking for a truck and reached out to me, ultimately this one was one that worked for me. I'd also like to thank Ford Mechanic for being awesome to work with, you have been very tolerating of my questions and I really appreciate that. Mike, if there is anything I left out feel free to add it.

Here are 2 pics of the truck

Attachments

Cruceno

Nice looking truck bonedoc!

I think you'll really be happy with those electric wipers. I tried and tried to get the air wipers in my deuce to work and never could get them going smoothly.

Crestonean

What a great looking truck! Those tires look so good. Hopefully your trip home will be as trouble free as mine was recently. Three hundred miles and the only problem was hearing protection that could have been better. I'm thinking that if my wife hadn't been following along with a couple hundred pounds of fluids and tools, things might have gone differently.

Enjoy the trip!

Harry

FloridaAKM

Great looking truck, with all the repairs done beforehand; that's the way to start a recovery successfully. Good luck with your trip & enjoy every mile of it!

bonedoc

Thanks again everyone, I'm stoked and it is going to be a long 2 weeks before going to retrieve it. Already getting stuff together trying to expect the best but prepare for the worst. I'll post more pics when I retrieve it.
Will be hopefully ordering my lockout hubs tomorrow. Think I'm going with ouversons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks